A Giant TV on the Back of Semi Trucks Could Make Passing Safer

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Rockin&Rollin, Jun 22, 2015.

1. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    You can still crash a vehicle with anti-lock brakes, you can still roll a vehicle over with stability control, you can still crash into the back of a vehicle with collision avoidance systems. You can have all the technology you want, people will still crash.

The other downside to these screens, now people can see if there's room in front of a semi so they can run and squeeze in, I see more crashes instead of less.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rockin&Rollin

Rockin&Rollin Heavy Load Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Orlando Florida
    I know one thing for sure ... on two lane roads with hills and curves its often not easy to get back far enough behind a truck to see around it and then get up enough speed to pass it in a legal passing zone before the next hill/curve. These screens would help immensely with things like that.

Whatever, lets remember how-far-how-fast things are moving in todays Computer Age = this type or technology could easily cost a few hundred bucks per truck making it well-worth the expense considering we all pay higher private insurance premiums and we pay taxes that cover everybody on Medicare/Medicaid/VA Healthcare and we have accidents "killing or injuring up to 50 million people throughout the world each year."

Perhaps this technology will prove viable, perhaps not, but lets remember people sitting on horses used to laugh at people passing them in newfangled automobiles saying the automobile could never replace the horse while others were sitting on steamships crossing the Atlantic looking at newfangled aeroplanes flying over claiming they could never replace steamships. Time will tell as always ...

4. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

Good luck installing your contraption on this
    image.jpg

5. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

That TV screen will fit perfectly behind this
    image.jpg

6. Rockin&Rollin

Mar 6, 2011
    Orlando Florida
    Try paying attention pete1, this isn't "my contraption," it's SAMSUNG's :biggrin_25526:

7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

More stuff to break.

8. SHO-TYME

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    And steal.

9. SHO-TYME

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    If 4 wheelers weren't 5 ft off the back of us, they could see better.

"this type or technology could easily cost a few hundred bucks per truck making it well-worth the expense considering we all pay higher private insurance premiums and we pay taxes that cover everybody on Medicare/Medicaid/VA Healthcare and we have accidents "killing or injuring up to 50 million people throughout the world each year."

Do you have stock in Samsung, just wondering. And a couple of hundred bucks a truck. do you seriously think it will be that cheap, and since you so generous with spending every else's money to put these on, you can buy the one to put on my truck because I won't be spending money for that, and I'd bet 98% of the O/Os wouldn't either.

pete1 Thanks this.
  10. Rockin&Rollin

Mar 6, 2011
    Orlando Florida
    Again ... "on two lane roads with hills and curves its often not easy to get back far enough behind a truck to see around it and then get up enough speed to pass it in a legal passing zone before the next hill/curve. These screens would help immensely with things like that."

With that said which is something anybody that's ever driven a car in the mentioned circumstances can identify with, lets get past the easily-obviously like that and note computers that cost 3 thousand dollars a few years ago you can buy for a few hundred dollars today.

Whatever, I'm a financial analyst that works for a lending firm that specializes in energy related projects and know nothing about the viability of this product nor care = I can only surmise/guess as I haven't run the numbers nor ever will. It's just an informational article relating to truckers I posted and am not here to defend the viability of.

11. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

Well you've sure done a good job of not defending this stupid contraption.
    We all hate it btw...it's useless......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.