venture logistics in indianapolis

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by stephen54, Jul 27, 2015.

1. stephen54

stephen54 Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2015
    hi im gonna be starting orientation at venture logistics in indianapolis and i was wondering if anyone had driven for them before and would give me some advice thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    never heard of them.

but best advice to give anyone is to show up early. if they are providing you with a place to stay, get there early, so if they have smoking or non-smoking rooms, you can get your choice early on. do not miss the ride, either mini van, bus or car, to the orientation. be early, or of course if riding via the company provided vehicle, DO NOT MISS THAT.....

try not to fall asleep in orientation. take notes, save your questions for when the speaker is asking for questions.

I would also recommend that if there is a bar nearby, I'd say, stay away from it.

even on your "off time" away from orientation, you never know who's watching you.

wall_404 Thanks this.
  4. taxihacker66

taxihacker66 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    You left out no professional woman friends in the room.

5. stephen54

stephen54 Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2015
    thank you very much! i really appreciate your time and advice i will certainly do those things and not do the things that i shouldnt do...like fall asleep lol

6. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    not really. I figured that would be allowed for moral purposes.

taxihacker66 Thanks this.
  7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

LOL

I heard a rumor that a certain trucking outfit in Dayton OH used to have safety guys hit the bar after hours across from the hotel where they put up their recruits.

8. stephen54

stephen54 Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2015
    does anybody know if you can work in another state and live the state that issued your cdl? example: i have a cdl in indiana and want to know if i can work in tennessee i cant seem to find any answers anywhere.

9. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    If you move your permanent residence to another state you are legally required to acquire a license in that state, whether it be a Driver license or CDL. If you are just driving for an out of state outfit then your good.

stephen54 Thanks this.
  10. stephen54

stephen54 Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2015
    thanks alot mr.x that clears things up! :)

11. wolf98

wolf98 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    bowling green, ky
    yes you can but make sure if you are going to stay longer than 30 days you must transfer you cdl to that state. Anything under 30 days and you should be fine.

Read up on the local and fed laws just to be sure though

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.