A Little Advice Needed

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by TheHexRider, Oct 22, 2015.

1. TheHexRider

TheHexRider Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Missouri
    Yes most of these i mentioned besides the Celadon one are about 1-2 or so hours away most companies here are local not too many OTR positions

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sea0fgreen

Sea0fgreen Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Rural USA
    Of all those you listed I'd say USA is the best. I am in no way a USA fan boy either just because I have worked there. PAM was a terrible experience for me. I don't know if PAM still does the mandatory teaming for your first 6 months with them.

USA was rough when I first started, my fleet manager was always trying to play mind games and passive aggressive nonsense, but after about 4 months I got a new one and it was easy after that. The simplest most carefree time of my career so far.

Oops. I just noticed this was from over a month ago. You probably made of your mind by now.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    kiwi23 Thanks this.
  4. boxerpupsrcool

boxerpupsrcool Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2014
    USA has treated me great. They would be my recommendation..

5. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Yeah, I have to say my year with USA has been good. I've have 3 diff DM's and my current one is really taking good care of me. My contract is paid up now but I'm gonna stick around since I'm getting good miles and they bumped me up to 38.5cpm.

6. Skippy30

Skippy30 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2016
    Tribe express.. Is a good company .nice trucks

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Call up Ronnie Dowdy in Batesville Arkansas. See what they can do with you.

Likewise with McKesson Memphis (Yes I used to run for them via a third party contractor who supplied the 18 wheeler. and the salary was around 1400 after taxes some weeks as a husband wife team)

There is Maverick Flatbedding to the east of little rock on 40. JB Hunt is a option out of Prothro Junction in Little Rock off 40.

You seem to have a taste for big fleets. Take a look at 200-1000 truck fleets instead. You will find over time the dispatcher will recognize your voice on the phone when you call in along with 100 other drivers under his or her responsibility rather than demanding a truck number.

Hoot67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.