A New Fleet Manager

Discussion in 'Werner' started by cornhusker55, Nov 16, 2015.

1. cornhusker55

cornhusker55 Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Good feedback. Layover is definitely a touchy subject. We really have to get in the face of planners to get things done for our drivers.

Haha good joke

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Why are we hard to deal with?
    Could it be because someone is trying to pound sunshine up our ### rather than just being honest?

4. cornhusker55

Nov 16, 2015
    I didn't mean that in a negative way. Most people who are good at their jobs don't want to put up with BS, so you are right, too much sunshine.

5. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    When I first started driving, I broke in with C R England. My favorite lie was how they care about the drivers.
    " Keep us updated constantly and we will keep you rolling. We can find the freight, we have the resources. "
    But if you happen to be in the yard at 4:59 PM, you see everyone running from the building like its on fire. And that's what everyone does at every mega carrier, while your at some #### hole praying for a load.

6. cornhusker55

Nov 16, 2015
    Dave, that is great. I wonder if anyone inside a major carrier has thought of that before. I know that we work quite a bit. From what i have gathered, werner has great equipment, which makes it enjoyable to be apart of.

7. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    All this being said I know you have a fair amount of people that struggle to get a load across the street. Recognize the pro's on your board. AND DO NOT PUNISH THEM with the more challenging ( garbage ) runs all the time, because they get them done, while you let tweadle fritz drive across I-10 coast to coast because he can't get lost, although they can even doing that.
    Be quick on the up take for your new people on your board, strong players don't take long too piss off. If you don't keep them moving, they will leave.

8. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    You hit that one, Dave

9. cornhusker55

Nov 16, 2015
    Quality drivers are rare, so i hear you there. Everything is about retention these days, so busting down poor drivers = a major no no.

10. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    I would think with today's technology that having pretty good communication would be a lot easier than it use to be
    I say treat your drivers fair, and like adults, because they can make your job enjoyable or very hectic.

11. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I hope you buy the large bottles of aspirin then.

mountaingote Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.