A New Member Question

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by catalinaflyer, May 15, 2015.

1. catalinaflyer

catalinaflyer Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Just wondering why with the new software TTR doesn't implement a new member section and require new members to have at least 5 or 10 posts in that section before they can start or reply in other sections. I'm a member of many forums that have implemented this to stop to one post hit and run posters, advertisers etc.

I notice the worst place for this is the report a bad trucking company where a company rep comes in pretending to be another driver and refuting information. Or a driver joins and says "Don't go to work for Billy Bob Big Rigger Trucking, they screwed me" and disappears only to never be seen again. A new member section will force them to build some credibility before they populate the regular threads with one hit fodder.

Admin Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    I agree that it would cut down on one post wonders and make it easier to spot advertisers, but I think the majority of new members have something useful to contribute and shouldn't be confined to a limited subset of discussions. It strikes me as tossing the baby out with the bathwater.

We were all first time posters at one point, how many of us would have stuck around if we weren't allowed to participate in the threads that attracted us here in the first place?

OldHasBeen, Big Don and catalinaflyer Thank this.
  4. catalinaflyer

catalinaflyer Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    That answered my question. Thank you.

5. TrueBlue2015

TrueBlue2015 Bobtail Member

May 20, 2015
    North Carolina
    I agree with Admin. If I am going to post, it will probably be in response to something I read and have a question on. For example, I noticed this new member question and I have a question.. :eek:) Is my signature a violation of forum rules because of the website address? Should I remove it. Thanks.

6. Admin

Apr 6, 2009
    Any kind of advertising is a violation of the forum's No Advertising rule: http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/help/terms
    That includes your signature (which I've deleted) and your user name (which I've changed). Feel free to request a more appropriate user name.

7. TrueBlue2015

TrueBlue2015 Bobtail Member

May 20, 2015
    North Carolina
    Thanks for taking care of this. That name is fine, but if you prefer I change it, how about TrueBlue, the name of my boat?

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  8. Admin

Apr 6, 2009
    That name is already taken, so I've given you TrueBlue2015. PM me if you want to give other names a shot.

TrueBlue2015 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.