A Place to lease from without working for them?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Gonzo1300, Feb 9, 2016.

1. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Good luck, yes buying a good used truck will be more cost effective than leasing. The companies that lease trucks long term usually are not in the trucking business per se, but rather trucking is just part of their operation so they don't really care what it costs they just want a simple turn key ready solution.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    I'm not sure that "good" and "used" belong in the same sentence. No matter what we do, it's always going to be a gamble, a crapshoot whether it's a lease or a purchase, a new or used rig. A truck might have run 500K in great shape, then all the accessories go bad once you sign the contract. You just never know. That is a big part of why we need to have some money before taking the step. Our own money, not credit money, not debt money.

brian991219 Thanks this.
  4. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    I have a question for anyone with some lease experience and tax deductions. If I'm on the right track here, one type of lease is fully deductible from earned income, and there's another type of lease that's only partially deductible. Is that right? Can anyone clarify this critical point for me/us? I can and will ask my bookkeeper, but he's not a driver. Thank you.

5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    The tax ramifications of a particular lease or a capital purchase is the same regardless of the type of business If you're bookkeeper can't figure it out, get another bookkeeper.

brian991219 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.