A question that is NOT being addressed about the ELD..

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by lower, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2015
    They are actually installed in the truck when you buy it, but they moved to the smart chip system
    Cowpie, are you o/o? Cause if yes, you are probably the only o/o who is in favor of government "safety" regs. Europe has them pre installed in truck by the way. And arent we paying enough taxes,payments?
    - state, federal, ifta
    - cargo, liability insurance,accidental ins( wont say physical , cause it is up to you)
    - sales tax
    - lots of environmental fees
    -obamacare ( love this one for its democratic aproach - YOU MUST HAVE IT)
    - state and federal income
    - social security
    This list can add up, but these are obligated withdraws from your paycheck. Do we really need to add something that has nothing to do with safety?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2015
    That is so not true, sir. If you dont have greencard/citizenship you cant get/renew CDL.

4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Many treat elogs like the GPS they can't think for themselves.Its really sad.

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I"m sure Cali is issuing to immigrants. The southern portion of that state is after all, mexican. Practically.

6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    The rules are in your favor here. The following rule has not changed (emphasis added by me):

Use the rules to your advantage; that's why the rules are there. A simple message to your dispatcher such as: "I will not be able to take that load because I won't be sufficiently rested by the required start time to perform my duties safely and meet the delivery appointment time. " is all you need. Now the burden is on them.

7. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    I would be more concerned why your "valued customer" has to call you every 20 minutes.

8. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    What does my comment that nothing is free and someone is paying in the end have to do with whether I am for or against anything? You need some counseling to go that far out of the stratosphere.

9. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    you never ran in the days of 10 driving and 8 hours breaks did you? all it has to be was at least 2 hours, so you had any combination, many folks ran 5 and 4off on a constant basis,

10. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    i agree, he totally lost me with his reply to you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.