A Year With Schneider-2 July 2014-1 July 2015

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by warhippy, Jul 1, 2015.

1. .RYAN

.RYAN Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    Can you explain how the Military Apprenticeship pays out? Thanks

2. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I can only speak for how it worked for us (Co-Driver and I). We started orientation 2 July. Received first check 10 September for $1146. That was the amount for 6 months and then it dropped to $918 for another 6 months. It hit our bank accounts from the 10th-20th of each month. Schneider has someone that does all the paperwork for you and maintains your hours. It never was an issue to get the hours needed to qualify for the Apprenticeship. It does count against your 3.6 years of GI Bill.

.RYAN Thanks this.
  3. PuttyTJ

PuttyTJ Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2019
    Michigan
    I rem[/QUOTE]
    I’m just starting out, Schneider is sending me to school. I could not afford to get my CDL on my own. I’m interested to know if I’m doing the right thing? I was told after 6 month I can put in for different jobs. Is this true?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    I’m just starting out, Schneider is sending me to school. I could not afford to get my CDL on my own. I’m interested to know if I’m doing the right thing? I was told after 6 month I can put in for different jobs. Is this true?[/QUOTE]
    screenshot or copy/paste the ad

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I’m just starting out, Schneider is sending me to school. I could not afford to get my CDL on my own. I’m interested to know if I’m doing the right thing? I was told after 6 month I can put in for different jobs. Is this true?[/QUOTE]
    Other new drivers have posted on here that it's true.
    Said they had to run dry van OTR for 6 months, then can change and Schneider kept their word on that.

6. PuttyTJ

PuttyTJ Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2019
    Michigan
    Other new drivers have posted on here that it's true.
    Said they had to run dry van OTR for 6 months, then can change and Schneider kept their word on that.[/QUOTE]
    Ok great news ty!!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.