Abandoned truck?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by flatbeb mac, Oct 18, 2016.

1. flatbeb mac

flatbeb mac Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    So I stopped at this truck stop on Friday night and this Schneider national truck (just the tractor) was sitting here, now I'm back and it's Tuesday night and the tractor is still there, unmoved. I think it might be a lease purchase truck idk, the curtains are closed on it. I just have a weird feeling about it lol like maybe there's a dead guy in it.... 0_0

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
  4. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Maybe that's where they park it on home time?
    Lo trucks don't have decals on the door just the sidebox( usually).
    Call Schneider and give them the trk#

flood Thanks this.
  5. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Matter of fact you can pm me trk# and location I have no problem calling in and making sure everything is ok.

Bakari742, dunchues, x1Heavy and 3 others Thank this.
  6. flatbeb mac

Aug 16, 2015
    I stop there often and have never seen it before, it was still there when I left this morning. I actually did do a sniffer test but there was 30 mph winds so idk, I imagine that it is nothing, it just gave me a funny vibe... Schneider National, Inc was on the side box plus it had a little sticker about lease purchase program on it. I will be back there Friday night, if it is still there I will call them.

I'll up date Friday.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If there is a dead body three days in it's that thing is going to reek FOUL. You will know it on sniff. Instantly. You do. NOT. want to be looking inside becuase it will be turning black, green and dropping it's blood contents to the bottom of the body before congealing and then rotting. Then after a few more hours or days it will begin to swell. To about twice. Before bursting.

Chill. You have been watching too many slasher movies me thinks.

Once you sniff a dead human ripening... or even burning in a wreck you just got to.. it never leaves you.

Dye Guardian, 91B20H8 and tucker Thank this.
  8. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    the smell of a decomposing human is not something you can ever forget...I don't care how much of am #######, or how hard you are, decomposing flesh you never forget

Big Don and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  9. flatbeb mac

Aug 16, 2015
    Agreed! Ya gotta do something on your 10 tho =P

I actually have had a run in with a corpse about 20 years ago. Worked as a maintenance man for a guy that owned a trailer court, he hadn't seen an older lady that had her trailer on his lot so he sent me to check on her. She had been there for about 2 week she had leaked all over and the maggots oh man, you are right it's not something that you ever forget.

91B20H8 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Back in the 80s dart flew me to Atlanta to pick up a truck a guy had died in and layed there for a few days .
    They had it detailed before I picked it up but it still had a strange oder in it , I wouldn't sleep in it bobtailed it to st Paul .

texasbbqbest and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    What's really bad, is the Adesa auction house salvage yard. When a coffin comes in (Vehicle with dead people inside) it has to be isolated, tarped and police summoned. The reaction among the temps is something best kept away.

Now and then they sell a hearse and it's a nice clean vehicle ready to sell, but People get strange when asked to take it here or there. You could not pay them a million in Gold bars because they just wont do it. For a variety of valid reasons.

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.