Abilene Motor Express - Richmond, VA

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Ledbetter, Nov 27, 2006.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    If you have questions about Abilene, the active current drivers in that thread are more than helpful in answering them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hereiam

Hereiam Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Abilene is an excellent company to work for. I worked with them for a couple years before going out for medical reasons. My hubby still drives for them and once the doctor says so, I will be back teaming with him. Always keep in mind that there are no perfect companies out there. Abilene has been good to us since2008.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  4. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Awesome to hear they have been good to you... I always enjoy hearing other folks take on the place. And yes, there are no perfect companies and that goes for Abilene as well... But compared to what others in the industry deal with, it's a great place to be.

Hope you heal quickly and get to return to teaming with the hubby... My wife is interested in doing that as well... Down the road a bit.

Stay Safe,
    MD

5. 5speed

5speed Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Abilene overall is probably a "B" rated company. Ive been here over a year now but my miles are slowly declining over the last couple of weeks. Good equipment, good miles for teams, and my first year was great, just not so much lately. Maybe just a bad spot or I pissed a load planner off.

6. Dkeenede

Dkeenede Bobtail Member

May 25, 2017
    They do have a clause in your enrollment package that says you pay for a cwrtain percent of damages to the equipment, but after over a year here i have never heard of them enforcing it. Just try not to tear the vehicle up lol. I've never had much of a problem with my logs either. You are the captain of that ship mate. Only person that makes the truck go is you. As long as you show a willingness to work they will show a willingness to work with you. Guaranteed 3000 miles a week, if you have the ability to run it. I have never gotten a paycheck that was less than a grand a week. But they pay every 2 weeks. Which means a higher paycheck, which means higher tax deduction each check because of that higher paycheck. Which sucks.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.