Abilene Motor Express, Richmond, VA

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Auctioneer, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Light Load Member

May 7, 2010
    Trenton, NC
    I hired on with Abilene in June of this year. So far, they have treated me well. They have good equipment and all the trucks have auto shift transmissions. They have mostly Volvo VNL780s as well as a few Macks some Kenworths , Freightliners and Petes. So far, I like it here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    Auctioneer , did you have experience when you got hired ? I have heard a lot about Abilene could you share the pros and cons that you have experienced ?

Also how about pay ?

Thanks

4. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Hello Auctioneer.

I too just started with Abilene the beginning of August and looking forward to getting passed their training stages.

Hope to run into you at one of the terminals sometime soon.

Stay Safe,
    MD

5. 5speed

5speed Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2012
    You still like it? Been to Brooklyn yet? I'm curious as to how soon they break you new guys in

6. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    New guy here... Training seems to be 2-3 months for those of us straight out of CDL Schools ... Been here since the beginning of August... I think we are going to the NE this coming week but not sure where yet.

I still like it here and look to being assigned my own truck here soon.

7. 5speed

5speed Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2012
    This isn't a bad place to work. It's mostly how you take it. Yes the NE sucks. But you get the extra 10cpm more when you go up there. I think our equipment is great. By the way it looks at Richmond with the older freight shakers back we don't have enough trucks to go around. If I can ever help you, just pm me.

8. Poohbear7721

Poohbear7721 Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Getting ready to start with Abilene this Monday. I am straight from CDL school. I have heard good thing s so far about Abilene. Any tips would be appreciated.

5speed Thanks this.
  9. 5speed

5speed Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2012
    We have many threads on here. You can pm me if you want. I'll do my best to help you

Poohbear7721 Thanks this.
  10. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I joined a few months ago... Generally very happy... Not sure what time frame they told you training would take but seems to go longer than they say... lol ... Not a terrible thing but best be prepared for a bit longer... Then if it goes quicker, bonus!!!

I might be in Richmond on Tuesday. If I am I will poke my head in the training room to say hello. (Assuming your orientation is Monday and Tuesday)

Stay Safe,
    MD

11. Poohbear7721

Poohbear7721 Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Sounds good! Yes orientation for me is Monday.
    Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.