Abilene or Florilli?!? let's see...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by LongHauler875, Oct 6, 2015.

1. LongHauler875

LongHauler875 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Behind the windshield
    Good evening ladies and gent's. I'm in a bit of a pickle here and would like some honest opinion's and reviews of the mentioned companies above. I have only had 3 jobs in the past 20 years so I'm rusty with this whole job searching thing. Well I been with this owner operator for 11 years but he has decided to sell both his trucks and retire. He asked me about buying one from him but I declined. Last week I go and apply with both Abilene out of Chesterfield Va and Fkorilli over in West Liberty IA. Floorilli offers 0.40 CPM with most loads originating from the mid west and coming across to Pa, Nj, MD, or De. No New England 10 to 14 days out. Abilene starts at 0.38 but don't quote me on that. They have NE regional that's home every weekend, also they have regular Otr lanes that run all over. Their equipment is second to none but I've heard some stories about the miles dropping since they gave a raise out earlier this year. Anyone had good or bad experiences with either outfit or have some insight on just how they treat their driver's? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    I've never met a happy driver from Florilli, their equipment looks poorly maintained too... I'd say go with Abilene. Where are you from?

LongHauler875 Thanks this.
  4. jcal32

jcal32 Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2015
    I worked for florilli, left in August. Can't use toll roads at all, no ezpasses and you also can not put your spouse on medical insurance, children but no spouse. Got miles , my dispatcher was good, but they did slot of relays, slot..

5. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    This isn't even a question. Ablilene. Hands down check out @JohnBoy and his Abilene thread. Better every thing there.

6. LongHauler875

Apr 24, 2012
    Behind the windshield
    Thanks

Zilla I'm over on the eastern shore of MD in a small town call Preston.

JC I appreciate the heads up. When you say relays... Do you mean repowering of loads? Mike told me that I would either go to Nj or pa to load then run across to mid west to unload and then reload to head back over here to the coast.

7. LongHauler875

Apr 24, 2012
    Behind the windshield
    Abilene does have good equipment. Pay could be better but if the miles are there it may be worth the few cents per mile less

8. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    @JohnBoy has been with Abilene for years. The equipment is top notch. No junk. The miles are there if you want them as well. It's the better company by 100 miles. Florilli has been bad for a long time. Abilene has insurance, equipment, miles and drivers are treated like humans.

maninthemoon1 Thanks this.
  9. LongHauler875

Apr 24, 2012
    Behind the windshield
    Joseph thanks a million. I'm definitely going to check out that thread. Did you ever drive for Abilene yourself?

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    No I didn't. But I know @JohnBoy is about as straight a shooter as they come. I've never been in their hiring area or I would have.

11. stratmaster5

stratmaster5 Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I have been with Florilli for 3 years and 3 1/2 months. From Cambridge Maryland lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.