Abs mid 136 sid 93 fmi 4

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by v6killer, Nov 12, 2013.

1. 4play

4play Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Edmonton
    Are you saying it's a fuel issue Pablo?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    hi

seems to me I post fuel system diagram to wrong thread))LOL

4. FFlagg3

FFlagg3 Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2016
    For anyone still working on the code mid 136 sid 93 fmi 4 the code is common shorted to ground. All commons in the system share a data bus in the ecu so any common in the system (all abs valves have a common wire) will set the same code if it shorts to ground. As a Volvo truck mechanic I have seen this many times and it is almost always the 16 pin black abs plug in the frame rail behind the cab. The grey one is for the rear lighting. Cleaning out the connector and coating in dielectric grease has almost always solved the problem. Have had to do it a couple times on some trucks. Also positioning the connector so female end faces down to keep water out. Have only come across one or two that ended up being a wire. After a while a wire will become a constant fault instead of just a water problem.

Sergiu HFTrans and QUALITYTRUCK Thank this.
  5. calvint88

calvint88 Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2009
    I got the same code and did what was suggested and the code went away. When doing a test drive around the yard, the abs and tsc light come back on but when I shut off the engine and turn the truck back on, the code goes away.

6. 4play

4play Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Edmonton
    Found the issue on mine after 2 years. The rear chasis harness was folded and has rubbed a hold right through and 3 wires were completely gone. One of which triggered that code. Patched that back together and it's all good.

7. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    On those frame mounted wabco ecu's, if theres 12v coming in and only 4.3 coming out... is that ecu bad? Cause it would need at least 5v to not throw an active "short to ground or low voltage" right?

8. PREET

PREET Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Abs mid 136 sid 93 fmi 4 volvo vnl 2007 ,park and reset code tcs and abs light off,when truck moving tcs and abs light on.please help me .thanks

9. Usisha05

Usisha05 Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Hey everyone, finally I fixed my problem with the abs Mid 136 Sid 93 fmi 4. It was bad cabin grounding. So I did extra ground for cabin and no more problem!

10. exodux

exodux Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2021
    Fort Collins Colorado
    Be more specific about where and what that cabin ground is.

11. Eldar859

Eldar859 Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2021
    Which cabin grounds?
    Just run ground to anything on the cabin ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.