AC compressors keeps kicking off

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Chemical-Mover, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Chemical-Mover

Chemical-Mover Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Our company currently has a 2007 International 8600 (Day cab). The ac has stopped blowing cold air. Our maintenance person charged up the system to the following: 140 psi on the high side/ 20 psi on the low side with a total amount of refrigerant at 1.9 pounds. After it was charged, it blew cold air until it was out to make a delivery. The driver called and said it is blowing hot air again. When the truck returned to our facility, that is when the low pressure side dropped and the compressor kicked off. The problem is that when the gauges are hooked up, it shows the low side drops to "0" and the compressor will kick off. The fault code that is being showed is, I may be mistaken, 6-14-13 A. ( I know the "A" represents an active fault) What I am wondering is if one of the pressure switches, or both, could be bad. We thought that maybe it was the cabin filter which was changed but to no avail. When the gauges are attached, and the ac turned on, the gauges do read 140/20 for a bit then, as stated above, drops to 120/0. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allan pressley

Allan pressley Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2015

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Proper charge should be 2.25 lbs. Should work pretty decent with 1.9, but pressures are still showing low charge or restricted expansion valve or orifice tube. 2007 was a change over year between orifice tube type and expansion valve type. First thing first, recharge it with the proper amount. Make sure you put it under a good vacuum for 20 mins to make sure there is no moisture in the system.

5. Allan pressley

Allan pressley Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Low side should be between 30 to 40 lbs high side be between 220 to 300,I'm thinking that truck should hold around 2.50 lbs,believe I would run some die through it an check for a leak

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.