Accident with no citation

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by andyz, Apr 27, 2015.

1. andyz

andyz Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Just had an accident and on I-55 in IL. Coming up to a lane shutdown. As I entered the one open lane a car came up behind me and tried to pass me on the drivers side. He swiped my rear trailer tandems and sideswiped the left trailer skirting a bit. State trooper showed up and took our info. No towable damage, No injuries or fatalities. Exchanged info and went on our way. On the info sheet the trooper gave me there is a report number. He also gave me an accident form to fill out and send to the IL Dot(DMV). Question is will I get CSA points on this?

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    I think I seen you, was it on the SB55 around the 40 or so. I see there was an arrow sign in the ditch also, did the car hit that?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  4. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Non recordable, and no inspection, so probably no points.

5. Frghter Century 12.7 Detr

Frghter Century 12.7 Detr Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    You should off ask the Trooper right there! if he says yes, take the other driver to court. If it wasn't your fault, you should not be penalized!!!

6. andyz

andyz Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Yes it did hit the arrow sign.

7. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Be ready for a law suit,had the same happen to me back in 1986,,I was going up a ramp to a bridge,,car tried to pass me on the right between me and a wall,,he hit my drives and my trailer tandems,,8 months later I was sued ,,claimed injuries,,my insurance lawyers offered $25K right off the bat,,I ended up missing a weeks work had to go to New York for the trail,,there were no injuries and when the jury went to deliberate the lawyers were instructed by the ins company to offer $50K to settle,,jury came back with a verdict in my favor but it did not count because lawyers settled 10 mins earlier,,total almost 2 years time involved,,file law suit against car even if in your local small claims court for your damaged tires

8. andyz

andyz Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Company truck.

9. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    No inspection = No CSA

10. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

Did you get a drug test? If the other driver goes and gets an estimate for damges that exceeds the allowable threshold this becomes a DOT reportable accident regardless of fault. That does not have to be determined at the scene and it is irrelevant who may be determined later to be at fault. Best to cover your butt in these cases.

There does not have to be an inspection for a crash to count toward CSA points if it becomes DOT reportable.

11. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Like a few answers in this thread..

There is no TOW, no FATALITY, no INJURY.... NOT A DOT RECORDABLE TO THE FEDERAL SIDE AKA FMSCA (CSA). This is 100%. It could be recordable to STATE but not the federal side. It only is a recordable when it involves a tow, fatility or injury thus - will update onto the drivers PSP and the companies CSA record regardless of fault (sucks, i know).

Also.. no drug test is needed as long as no citation was issued the OP.

Hope this helps OP.

Agtrucker and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.