Accidents...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Motleyman, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I agree. If later they do find out and fire you, there's dozens of other companies just waiting for you. Next time put it on the application.

Motleyman and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    How close are you to Springfield; Trailiner Corp. has their own cdl school there.I think you have to live within a certain distance from the terminal. Companies bend their rules on that though. They haul mostly produce out of California to the East Coast.

4. Motleyman

Motleyman Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2016
    I ran and have a copy of mvr and there not on there. That's why I didn't say anything because I figured they were old enough not to be on there or just wasn't a issue. I didn't know but I don't want to screw up my career driving before it starts. I really looking forward to it. I hope I didn't screw up my chances and my never be able to drive. Thank you all for the advice. If something does happen with swift do I just need to wait till the 3 year mark that way it falls off, and who else would hire me if I was to get fired from swift because of this.

5. Motleyman

Motleyman Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2016
    I'm like 196 miles from there. That's were Im going for school for swift. C1 truck driving school.

6. Motleyman

Motleyman Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Almost 3 years. I think it was October or November of 2013

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Relax, it's too late now anyway. Show up for school and best wishes. C-1 won't care anyway. Once you get that cdl in hand, you good to go for dozens of companies. Don't let the school or Swift try to convince you that they control your cdl; they don't. Once you get the cdl, it has your name on it and you own it; no one else owns it! They can fire you, but they can't touch that cdl.

Motleyman Thanks this.
  8. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    It's not going to ruin your career. Some people here are a little dramatic. If it's not on your MVR keep it quiet.

Motleyman Thanks this.
  9. Motleyman

Motleyman Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Thank you. It's not I have a copy and they also told me it's clean.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I agree, except Prime and Maverick have a way to find out even it it's not on the MVR. Just don't apply to those companies.

Motleyman Thanks this.
  11. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Many years ago a friend went to a school and was hired by Swift. Had a clean record for 3 years. He messed up with Swift at tone time and then later was let go. They ran his MVR back 5 years and found something that he did not discuss. I have DUI from 1975 and because of that there have been companies that I have worked for in the past that they would not let me go to Canada because they can check way back, and Swift does go to Canada

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.