adjusting air govenor

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by gunner76, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Turbodre

Turbodre Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2015
    As far as i know the suspension runs at the same pressure that is in the primary tank, I don't have a gauge on it but there is only a small valve between the suspension and that tank which opens when the tank reaches about 60 PSI. I don't see anything else that should affect the air pressure in the suspension in any way. The lines and air bags were checked with soap water (no leaks). I have since Adjusted my air governor to around 135 psi. Waiting to see if that will change things when the truck is loaded with 1000 bags of cement

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Turbodre

Turbodre Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2015
    If that air tanks loose pressure i don't think it should affect the suspension pressure is it was already aired up as the leveler valve has a check valve inside it that prevents air from going back through the supply line.

4. Guntoter

Guntoter Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    But as you bounce down the road, every bump you hit deflates the bag slightly (actually as the truck comes back up). You need to resupply that air constantly, if your air tanks/compressor are only able to supply 80 pounds on average, your bags are not operating at the pressure that you set the ride hight at.
    If the truck was not heavy spec'ed then it does not have the volume to supply more than 5 axles (brakes or air ride) thats why heavy spec trucks have more tanks and hi volume air compressors.
    You are not having a "pressure" problem, you have a "volume" problem. That could also mean on the trailer, maybe add a tank to the trailer.

5. Prom Night Dumpster Baby

Prom Night Dumpster Baby Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Bug Tussle, TN
    Height control valves have a neutral zone of a few degrees (10 or 15 maybe) of travel so they don't constantly add/release air during driving.

6. Eliecer

Eliecer Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2019
    I have kw t700 and the governor it’s not adjustable. I replace it for new one but it’s licking from the head where the plastic blue cover are. What I can do? Thx

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.