Advantage Tank aka Kenan Advantage Group

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Belgian W, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Belgian W

Belgian W Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I was hired on as a Otr driver. They lied about the pay, the trailers are in bad shape! This week went to So.Carolina from Texas. Tail lights are held on with packing tape! They had a safety meeting and blamed the drivers for their CSA scores being so high! When the lack of mechanics causes the lack of maintenance! If you know what's best for you, my suggestion is stay away! Modular trailer as an office with the room for driver access is a 4x6 room with plexiglass and a locked door between you and any office staff! Hired me on only to tell me it is slow right now! Before I was hired on they said I would be given 4 loads a week! More lies! Hope this helps!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Finalsomnia

Finalsomnia Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    Thank you for letting us know!

!!

Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    The gas haulers will say how great they are to work for......

But I've heard a lot of negative stuff.

jacquesi23 Thanks this.
  5. Belgian W

Belgian W Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Well I've seen the gas hauler side of them also. The difference is Kenan Advantage has better equipment. Each Company under the Kenan umbrella has a different owner! Advantage tank the owner is a tight wad and doesn't want to put anything in to the company!

6. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Under the same umbrella ....guilty as charged .

7. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    They are ALWAYS hiring where I live. Ads on the radio, TV, Craigslist, you name it so the turnover there must be insane, which speaks volumes...

Pintlehook Thanks this.
  8. jacquesi23

jacquesi23 Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    I was a former gas hauler an I worked for Kenan transport. A subsidiary of the Kenan advantage group.
    I must say I did pretty decent as a o/o there.
    Home every day.
    Weekend work was at the driver's discretion.
    I brought home 1800-2500 a week.
    Long hours tho

9. WhyDriveTruck

WhyDriveTruck Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Detroit
    Any updates on KAG in detroit

10. Gazoo64

Gazoo64 Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    KAG has bought quite a few companies over the last few years. There gas haulers her in the Fresno area make over 26.00hr. As for trailers that have lights out etc.....did you pre trip....if you did you don't leave the yard until its fixed. You cannot operate faulty equipment. I would grab spare bulbs, lights etc and keep them in your truck with a few basic tools. Refuse to operate garbage, if you get pulled in the coop its your fault.

DarkhorseEnterprises and Milty Thank this.
  11. aab2032

aab2032 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2018
    I managed a couple location for this #### show. From the top down they care about nothing but profit. Believe me, i love profit. But - i also value my drivers lives. No company under the KAG umbrella values your life. I was only with them a couple years but when my 4th regional manager in 2 years came through and was the 4th regional manager to tell me to stop worrying about drivers safety and start worrying more about saving money i left.
    My terminals increased in profit over 400% in the time i was there but they wouldnt let me spend money to fix equipment which is decades old and on the verge of killing someone. i told my regional that i was leaving and he said he hoped to find someone that cared about profit as much as i cared about safety.
    they tried to get me to lie to potential drivers about everything from pay to maintenance to benefits to home time and i wouldnt do it.
    every person in a position of power within MGG is angling for a position with a major customer and cares about nothing other than increasing profit and having their voice heard on a conference call. These guys are criminals and if their policies dont kill someone before DOT shuts them down i will be flat out shocked.

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.