Advice for felons seeking employment!!!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by sexystuff911, Mar 28, 2013.

1. WannaB_trucker

WannaB_trucker Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2013
    be straight up if the guy who posted this got the job, im certain you'll get it

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucker Bug

Trucker Bug Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2013
    California
    Look into environmental and construction/demo hauling companies. These places are a bit more lax about criminal charges.

Dirt hauling companies need bodies and just as construction they really don't care about your criminal record. More so they just want a reliable driver

4. ost1

ost1 Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Great advice bigdogpile, in the age of instant checks lying will simply get your application trashed. I have hired drivers with "previous issues" each one was upfront about their mistakes and what they intended to do to make corrections. I have never had a problem. They have not all worked out long term but I have never had a problem relating to their history. Having said that certain felonies take you out of the running. embezzlement, grand theft, aggravated assault. mostly due to ins requirements. It also depends on reports from Probation etc.. wv daddies girl is right

5. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Your Mailbox
    Getting your record cleared depends on the nature of your charges. Some charges like sexual offences cannot be cleared unless you have very deep pockets. Money talks and BS walks. Welcome to modern society.

6. Hambone68

Hambone68 Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Wister,OK
    This is true

7. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    Hey , if your not still sitting in a jail cell your qualified to drive a truck..felons have to eat too and they should not be discriminated against or ask to work for less money just to get the job..they are out of jail, they have "paid" their debt to society..notice paid not still paying , if you gotta lie to get a trucking job it really wouldnt be the worst crime they do..its just a driving job anyway..not like he's trying to get a cop job or something

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  8. FedEx driver

FedEx driver Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2013
    bristol pa
    What ever you do, don't lie. If you lure and they run a check, which is now an industry standard due to the new csa rules, they will bring you in for review and you will have to sit through what feels like a new trial! I'm a convicted felon who spent 8 years behind bats as a young man. I figured that it was so long ago that it wouldn't show up. I was wrong. Even if they say that they go back only 5 years, they still check back farther. At least FedEx does. If they check and they find it even though they only count it if it's under 5 years, the fact that you tried to hide it from them is enough to make them not hire you. People change. I did. Companies know this. Of you just had a felony last year then chances are they won't hire you. If you had a felony 10 years ago and have had a clean record since, then there is a good chance you will get a job. If I can work for a company like FedEx, who have very high standards when it comes to things of this nature, then anybody can. Don't let your past haunt you any more than it already has. Life is about change.

9. bigdogpile

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    Come on high standards ?? Really ?? Did you just say that ?? You drive a truck, WTF do they want from people..perfection ? I see fedex freight drivers every night doing 65 in 45, in the #3 lane of 4 when its trks right lane only down through the cajon pass..maybe your reflector tape on your company shorts be shinnng to bright..High standard employer, (laughable!!!.)wouldnt be being sue for having a whole division of O/O that get crapped on daily..fedex freight do pay good though , I agree on that but they fire you in a heartbeat ..Go talk about being unionized in the yard and see how quick those " high standards " of fedex show you door...BTW hows that 90 percent in 90 days program working out for your high standard company? Nothing like going back to your customers and saying sorry about that...ok I'm done ranting..

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  10. HwyPrsnr

HwyPrsnr Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Anywhere, USA
    If u really want to "downgrade" truck drivers, then why dont u just move it on down the road boy. Things might be better for the rest of us. Yes, that comes from an EX-felon. Im doing just fine. Sounds like ur problem is that attitude u have.

11. bigdogpile

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    I don't need to "downgrade" truck drivers..you all do that all on your own,the crap drivers put up with would indicate they are not vert bright but since they come from NOTHING and drive they are now someone important & smart.. Smart people don't sit on docks for hours or days on in without being paid..now do you understand, son?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.