Advice for new hotshot owner

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Alexander., Mar 1, 2015.

1. Tallboy11

Tallboy11 Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Let me clarify. Insurance companies with great ratings. And also insurance companies that offer over 500 mile radius

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flatbedcarrier

flatbedcarrier Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    I couldn't say for sure if all states have the same rule? Just never took the time to call all the states.

4. flatbedcarrier

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    What state are you in?

5. Tallboy11

Tallboy11 Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2016
  6. Not_Here_Long

Not_Here_Long Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Best advice learn to be broke and eat noodles a lot. Or have a wealthy family member that likes sharing thier wealth with you.

7. Tallboy11

Tallboy11 Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Really there are a lot of people doing it and te numbers don't say I'll be broke. Especially seeing how I control the shipping of cars at my dealership.

flatbedcarrier Thanks this.
  8. flatbedcarrier

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    I'll get you the phone number of a Utah based Insurance company and pm it to you in a little bit.

9. flatbedcarrier

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    Tallboy11 Thanks this.
  10. Not_Here_Long

Not_Here_Long Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    cars paying 30-50 cents a mile right now that's 100-1.50 on a three car wedge.
    That doesn't account for deadhead miles and all the time finding something going back home.
    the 9 and 10 car haulers beat the price on a hotshot pulling a three or four car trailer.
    There's a considerable turnover of people with the same idea most last 18 months or less.
    some get bigger setups and still can't make it.
    By all means borrow every dollar you can and try it. After the "new" wears off, calculate how much time you're
    sitting in a truck versus the amount of money you get.

11. flatbedcarrier

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    He's gonna be hauling directly for the dealership that he's been working for, and other dealers that his dealership routinely does business with. Dealer trades, etc. He's on the inside tract.

He will be getting the same rate that the Brokers, and smart Carriers charge the dealerships. That's two to three times the price you see them posted for on central dispatch at.

Central dispatch was never meant to be used as the only source for loading your truck. No load board is meant for that. Load boards are where you look for filler freight when your own customers base couldnt fill your trailer out. Or when you empty out in a dead area and all your connections have came up empty handed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.