Advice on dedicated regional Mn./ Midwest

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by GCDMN., Jan 29, 2016.

1. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Sorry for being jaded but due to a few bait and switch adds I've responded too I'm wondering how much smoke is being blown on this account. I live in Mn. I'm being told .40 cents a mile about 2400 miles per week. 22 bucks per stop and avg 11 stops a week. Home as much as 2 nights per week (10 hours) plus home for 34 hour reset.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Add says 65k but talking to recruiter and his numbers make 1202 a week and 62,500 which if true is still totally cool. At first he was saying refridgerated but 2nd time I talked with him he said may be a box van. All pallet jack unload. No breaking down of the pallets.

4. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    I've had my CDL for 1 year exactly and feel blessed for the job I have and I've been told by many I should be. Last year i did 51k home every night other than just a few trips I volunteered for. Avg. 50.6 hrs per week. Far busier 8 months per year but for the other 4 I still get 42.5 hrs. per week. 62-65k would be fantastic but if it turned into 55k isn't worth not seeing my wife and kids very much.

crazeydude Thanks this.
  5. Vincent2254

Vincent2254 Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Is this a jb dcs job? I can tell you everything they said in there ad for all the northeast accounts are true and I and many others have met or exceeded there pay they advertised. They advertise 56-66k for my job and the top 50% of our fleet are doing 65-78k a year. I did 64k last year and averaged 43 hours per week home everyday 2days off. I couldve made more if I wanted to work more. But hey bein home with family is important to me. If its a big account and over 75 drivers at that location then good chance you will get in cuz they need as many drivers as they can get. The smaller accounts are usually when bait n switch could potentially happen cuz they may lose only 1 driver per year and someone more qualified might get job over you and they pull the..do u wanna go otr trick. If you see the drivers at a local truck stop or anywhere talk to them and get there take on it and you will get the full scoop on that location. Good luck!

6. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    I am interested in a JB Hunt DCS job. I currently don't work for JBH. Your experience sounds great and I wonder if the area I would be in would be much different? MN,SD,ND,Wisc, ILL, IA.

Vincent2254 Thanks this.
  7. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Definitely going to talk to the next JB Hunt driver I have a chance too.

Vincent2254 Thanks this.
  8. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Things are progressing for me. I have a orientation scheduled but going to push it back a week. I told them i want my psp report pulled and approved befor i give my 2 week notice to my current employer. 'There is something on there that hurt me with two companies, Ruan and Cardinal. The people im dealing with at JB say it shouldnt be a issue but i need to make sure. So is there any JB Hunt drivers from Mn. on here? Looking for anyone familiar with the Mission foods dedicated account up here.

9. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Well everything is set. I have 3 days left at my current job and Im signed up for orientation starting feb 22nd in Cedar Rapids Iowa. Im gonna start another post on my experience.

10. Vincent2254

Vincent2254 Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Good luck..let us know how the mission account is. Im curious myself how its setup.

11. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    Recruiters don't know much except for the job description the email tells them. Call the account manager to the account and talk to them about it. My account I am on is local. Recruiter told me 865 a week gross.... I avg 1000-1300 depends how hard I hit it. DCS is good gig. Most DCS account pay good and some pay well... Intermodal is good also

Vincent2254 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.