Advice on purchase and or other option.

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by bullmastiff4000, May 11, 2015.

1. bullmastiff4000

bullmastiff4000 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2014
    I met a driver, O/O who works for a small company, 12 drivers. Owners (2) still drive due to being busy. I spoke with this driver for most of the night and am as we loaded at the same place. It was not until morning that he said, give the owner a call if you are interested. I did.

2 options. 65% of line and I pay for fuel and maintenance, owner will cover all repairs and tires. 75% of line and I am purchasing the truck but cover all the above and repairs.

I have been talking to the driver on an off and he is pretty straight forward that the owner is straight and is not out to screw anyone.

Since I am new to trucking just looking for some advice. I spoke with him today and he is going to send over the details in writing about costs, etc. I hear horror stories but since I meet O/O on the road I know it can be done.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dakota1358

Dakota1358 Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Staunton,Va
    What do you mean by you pay fuel and MAINTENANCE and he pays for REPAIRS and tires. Who pays for tags and permits,at the end of option 2 do you have a ballon payment.The list goes on so its a bit hard to tell if either would be worth it.

What does his freight pay?Is it consistent year round?Do you go out loaded and back empty? If you do can you broker a load back?

Lots of variables you'll need to work out and figure if it works for you.

4. bullmastiff4000

bullmastiff4000 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2014
    This is exactly what type of response I need. I actually just spoke with the owner and he is on the fence about investing in a truck for me. I think that is a good thing. I have written down all of the questions you have so I can send him a list for him to answer. Just also spoke to the driver who recommended me and he again says he is straight forward and will not try to screw me. Just looking to make the best possible move for me and the owner. Do not like to jump ship and looking for a permanent spot. Thanks Dakota.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.