Advice please?

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Derp, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Derp

Derp Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Well I'm kinda at a crossroad right now. I didn't go to a cdl school for training, I actually went with someone for a few months then took my cdl test. Upon receiving my licence I put in tons of apps and made a lot of calls with nobody wanting to touch me. Main reason was no experience and i didn't go to a cdl school. TMC actually called me back and I'm scheduled for orientation next Monday and in extremely excited. However the recruiter put me in the experienced driver orientation and I told him I've only had my license for a few weeks now. Im far from experienced I'm scared I'm gonna go and make a fool of myself. I don't know what to do, and i have only driven a super 10 and didn't really get to back all that much. Should I worry?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Looks like you're good to go. Here's from the website:

TMC is looking for motivated individuals who are looking for a challenge. The minimum qualifications to be a TMC driver are:

Valid Class A CDL
    No more than three moving violations within the last five years
    Solid, stable work history
    No DUI's in the last 10 years
    Able to perform essential functions of the job with no restriction

Retired2015 Thanks this.
  4. J.S.

J.S. Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Texas
    Essential functions such as backing. Super 10? I hope that's the same as a 10 speed. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I wouldn't waste my time and/or money. Try a so called MEGA(choose which one wisely) and hopefully or ask about about an accelerated training since you do have skill but if it were me I'd just attend one of their schools and go from there. HIH.

5. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    TMC is a mega training company.

Retired2015 Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    TMC has their own cdl school. That's why they hired him probably. They will determine if he needs more training. My bet is he only needs flatbed securement training since he's already been running OTR and knows how to drive.

Retired2015 Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yep, that's true. Here's some info on that:
    TMC currently has a demand for drivers in certain states that the local truck driving schools have been unable to meet. If you are a resident of one of these states you may qualify to attend TMC’s CDL-A training program for the purpose of obtaining employment at TMC only. The states we are currently seeking applicants from to attend our training program is as follows: Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Ohio, Southern Wisconsin and Southern Minnesota. We also have limited opportunities for applicants residing in Western Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Jersey.

KriegHund Thanks this.
  8. KriegHund

KriegHund Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    On a hill south of heaven
    Kinda scary thinking that they will send him right out.

9. KriegHund

KriegHund Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    On a hill south of heaven
    I was checking out TMC's website yesterday, they aren't hiring out of the Richmond Virginia area currently.

10. Derp

Derp Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2016
    They have a student orientation which lasts two weeks. But the recruiter told me that's only for people who just got out of cdl school. Since I didn't go to a school and went otr for my training I'm considered experienced. I have a 4 day orientation and after that they determine how long I'll be out with a trainer. Id rather have 2 week orientation just so i can learn more.

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You don't need a 2 week orientation. Four days is plenty. All you need is securement training then your trainer will teach the rest while on the road. Don't over think it; you'll be fine!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.