Advice

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by caram22, Jun 25, 2015.

1. caram22

caram22 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2012
    My husband drives for Werner. He went owner op for about a 1.5yrs. Worst decision ever. Here's my question. The end of December he decided to "turn back in" his purchased truck and go back to a company driver. When he turned it back in, he was told the price they would give him to "repurchase" the truck. He was also told that gave him roughly a $5,000 over payment on the loan.
    Fast forward 6months and he still can not get anyone to give him an answer on where our $$ is other than "that's strange. We will look into it and get back with you."
    What can we do? Anyone have any advice? Any experience with this issue with Werner? Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Well he was a lease purchase not owner op. They probably kept that money too fix the truck up for the next sucker. That money is gone if you didn't hold it then it's not yours!

4. caram22

caram22 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Husband purchased a lemon essentially. Financed through Werner. Not a lease purchase. Lesson learned.
    What I am getting at is he was told the amount he should be reimbursed. Which it has not yet. Any advice on action to take with someone at the company or legally to have a positive outcome for us?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  5. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    imagesRIOEH43V.jpg

That's strange. We will look into it and get back with you. Have you filed your TPS reports for that? Yea, that'd be great.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    caram22 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.