Air-Ride, Inc, - Swanton, Ohio

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by pro1driver, Oct 4, 2006.

1. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    Otto, you need to spell out what you are saying when you PM me, as i simply do not understand just letters and/or abreviations............ok........????

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hyspdchiknfeed

hyspdchiknfeed Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Swanton, OH
    For those of you who are still around on this site that have worked for Air Ride... good news...

THEIR CLOSED.

Landair bought them, and their facility will be turned into a repair shop.

I know this, because I live right down the road..

4. zedanny

zedanny Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Arkansasa
    looks like DHL is there problem .

5. bangngears

bangngears Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    metamora, Ohio

I wish we could keep a good trucking company up here in nw ohio

6. Timtruck

Timtruck Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I will have to check this with a freind of mine who drives for a guy that has like 20 trucks leased on over there. I searched this and I cannot find any press releases on this. ForwardAir(Landair's parent) has not annonced this aquisition and neither has Landair. Im not disputing you, but I would like to know where you heard this or read it. Thanks.

7. schlepper004

schlepper004 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Well, I do know that DHL has suspended all US domestic service.... only doing International service out of US now. That probably puts cramp in Air Ride's plans even if it still is around.

8. hyspdchiknfeed

hyspdchiknfeed Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Swanton, OH
    All I know is when you drive past Air Rides property its bare. I've also seen several Landair tractors pulling Air Rides trailers.

9. Timtruck

Timtruck Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I talked to my buddy and he told me that Airride was indeed purchased by Landair. But he said that it doesnt effect the operation that he is on, since their customer is BAX Global and not DHL. In fact he said that they just heard about the deal last Sunday 11/9. Also the property in Swanton is to be sold. The shop there has always been open to the public and was not run by Airride, it is run by some outside contractor. DHL's accounts are being taken over for the most part by UPS and all air operations will leave Willmington and move to UPS air hub in Louisville come January.

10. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Light Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga.
    This doesn't have anything to do with Air-Ride, but just info I got....

Landair also bought the sister company I work for...Summit Logistics. Summit had dedicated lanes with Simmons Bedding Company. This just took place last week.

11. abadkz900

abadkz900 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2007
    I drove for Land air for about the last 6 weeks Oct and Nov 2008. Good company, OK equipment (except for some 15 year old Air-Ride trailers) and home office in Greenville TN has good people over there it seems.

Landair has a nasty no pay / long layover holiday schedule for all of their dedicated air freight lanes. Landair is also very fussy about idle time even thought this is the winter season right now.

You will get more then an earful about anything over "30%" idle time. I left before they could fire me, take out money for over idle from my pay or some other great idea to keep me freezing in the cold far North Central States with 20 degree nights in Nov 2008.

Long lay overs waits for airfreight shuttles in cold Northern Country with a low idle time maximum makes for "T" ed off drivers

Bax Global has slowed down with the rest of the industry as of late, Landair was not hauling DHL freight that I saw. I was in the North Central states. Landair was running 53 foot trailers with less then 10,000 pounds in the box every night the whole time I was there.

Bax (now bought by Schenker) must have money to burn running those light trailers all the time?

If you want to know more about these gopher's (Landair) let me know.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.