Air tank leak?

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Bob.g, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Jarrods

Jarrods Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Spray all fittings with soap and water.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Americanrambler your describing of the systematic failures including root causes as they happened is a valuable post for those too new and unfamiliar with how trucks are able to "Talk" to the driver as you put it. AIr systems was a weakness on my part and I was able to learn a few tidbits in additon to remembering some of the possibilites as well. My specailty was engine and drive train, if something was to happen to either one in real time just prior to a total failure I can usually come up with a work around or a total write of a blank page where no one has taught anything about the particular problem at hand and it's important to get it right because if you screw up the next few moments death or worse is not far away.

The computer stuff has evolved into something of a monster that absolutely takes away any oppertunity for me and you to listen to a rig figuratively speaking as we roll along and solve a problem or identify a need.

I prefer the older airbreathing and similar tech pre-computer and some of the early computer ones that were more simple as it were prior to the oversexed monsters that cannot do anything without some company officer making it ok. It's ludicrous.

In fact I fear the company more than anything generic speaking as a concept because they have worked so hard to eliminate humans behind the wheel as a varible based on skill, experience and so on.

I hate that more than anything. IF taken far enough, why bother having CDL truckers? Robots will do it.

4. Bob.g

Bob.g Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2015
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
  6. Jarrods

Jarrods Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Relay and abs valves.

Bob.g Thanks this.
  7. Animosus

Animosus Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    SE Wyoming
    That is an ABS modulator valve.

Bob.g Thanks this.
  8. 1fixitman

1fixitman Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Very specific it is the vent on the ABS modulator. A driver recently replaced an ABS valve on his 2000 freightliner Classic and the valve was about 170$

Bob.g Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.