Alberta oilfield driving jobs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by hup, Sep 7, 2011.

1. belowspeedlimit

belowspeedlimit Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Oil country
    Terrible time to consider the oil patch. Considering the price of oil and all the rate cutting and layoffs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nitrogen

nitrogen Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    Everyone is either laying off, firing, or declaring bankruptcy. Nope not a good time at all. Lots of good experienced hands to pick from, no need to hire green hands. Sorry

4. skman

skman Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    Being green and getting a job in the patch right now is going to be next to impossible. Plenty of well experienced guys and gals that are sitting right now. Either laid off or work sharing.

5. AJTrucker

AJTrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2015
    :Trailer: Let the good times roll...again....we hope..

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  6. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island

.... Um ...... what again ? Were you referring to a specific post .... ?

7. AJTrucker

AJTrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2015
    lol sorry about that I was posting on another topic. Dont know how it ended up here.
    pls forgive me

8. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island

Kirk to Enterprise - Looks like another transporter malfunction Scotty !

AJTrucker Thanks this.
  9. kfzr2

kfzr2 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Hows everything looking for everyone?

Here in the AB side northwest of Iloydminster slowed down drastically at the end of february and for all of march which had me worried. 14 other owner ops from our company in just my area alone were laid off to try and keep everyone else busy or at least somewhat busy to be able to pay bills.

Since April 1st has come around, everything has picked up and you can't even tell crude has even dropped in price. This might be due to the fact that spring break up actually works to our advantage because even with a 75% ban we are still paid for full loads. Almost twice as many loads and half the time saved loading and unloading. Definitely thankful for that.

Have seen lots of service rigs and pressure trucks out and about which is also a good sign because we were told end of february that if wells go down they won't be fixing them to save money.

Haven't seen any drilling rigs yet.

Not sure on the hiring situation right now, haven't heard much on that from the guys in the area. Kijiji seems pretty slow too since everyone will be holding onto the work they have until it picks up everywhere.

Since October, so far this month has been the busiest so hopefully it stays this way and i hope it starts to pick up for everyone else!

From the looks of it, it can only get better.

Hang in there!

10. newguyonscene

newguyonscene Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2015
    ===============================================================================================

Dear Sir, I need some advice and help to become a truck driver in Oil sands, am I able to get your email so I can get this help of my lifetime from you? I am from Ontario.

thanks

11. newguyonscene

newguyonscene Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Dear Sir, I want to connect with you for advise but since I am new and need atleast 7 posts, can you pls send me your email so we connect?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.