Aldi DC Center Valley, PA

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Blackshack46, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

What is up with that place?

To start, I showed up there today. First time at any Aldi, and the guard shack is closed during normal business hours.
    There was a sign that read "use phone and call receiver after 9am"
    Well I did just that but the thing just rang and rang and rang and Rang! I called dispatch and they were lost in the sauce. Said another driver is coming behind me and he has been there before. Well ####. I got 2 1/2 hours to get in and get to the customer an 1 1/2 away in rush hour traffic and still make it home.

Well after that conversation I tried the phone again and just started pushing random numbers and finally reached the dc's supervisor. He explained what I had to do.

So I go in the warehouse, it's even more lonely inside than outside. Super said the lady I need is in the middle of the warehouse at a desk. Well I just started walking towards what I thought would be the middle. Past tons and tons of palletized food waiting for trucks. No soul to be found.

Eventually I ended up at the supers office. He said go back to the stairs and walk straight till you see a desk. So I did as told and wouldn't you know it. A huge desk the size of a small office with a black head of hair popping up from the top. So I stroll over and find the "lady" finally. Hand her my paperwork and my beard ends up resting on the desk. It was a high side. Like 4 1/2 feet tall. Well that felt awkward.

The lady tells me go look in door 72 and see if the trlr is loaded. If it's not then a full one is out on the lot. So I did just that. Walk over to door 72 passing more and more food with a destination just no trlr yet.

So I'm at door 72, the ramp is closed and the door was up so I peak inside, half full. ####! Gotta go search the lot now.

Well after finding and hooking my load it's time to leave. But to do so you have to scale yourself each set of axles at a time, write down the weights on a paper they give you. Add them up and total it. Fold the paper and stick it in the phone box where you hope the guard gets it on second shift before a mischievous truck driver does.

I'm not complaining. I was just like, uhh what the fudge. Not many places I've had an expereince like this where I gotta be the guard, shipper, scale master, and the truck driver.

But for an Aldi Dc below Allentown, the place was dead. Inside and out.

true blue Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    They receive from bout 330-830 or so.....you I'm guessin wwre haulin a load for Aldi....they expect their contractors to do everything for themselves.....wait till you go into one at night ....only lights in the place are the green?red flashing dock lites..lol

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  4. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    ALDI - a discount grocery chain.
    How do you sell discount grocery's and make a profit = hire as few employee's as possible.

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  5. Prom Night Dumpster Baby

Prom Night Dumpster Baby Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Bug Tussle, TN
    I love shopping at Aldi. Shows you how much Walmart rips you off.
    There's usually only 2 people in the store I go to but can't beat the prices unless you rob them.

6. Dakota1358

Dakota1358 Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Staunton,Va
    I have only been there once.Had I think a 4am appt.Got right in.Checked in and was unloaded fast.Seemed to be a nice place but again I was only there once probably 6 years ago

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.