Am I on the right track?

Discussion in 'Millis' started by bob3495, Jan 24, 2016.

1. bob3495

bob3495 Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2014
    greenville,pa
    I've been studying my choices for a company to get my start for the better part of ten years,yes it's rather been a long investigation haha! Truthfully I was waiting for the right time,so while I was waiting I've read more on this industry than one can imagine, and now that time has come to decide. I believe my decision for Millis best fits my needs, as I'm asking those with experience at Millis. Is living in Western Pa a very good place for their freight base to be able to work a 14/2 schedule and make a good paycheck without being out any longer? The recruiter has told me it is and has even offered a regional gig getting home on weekends if I was so inclined to do so. Based on all the years of seeing Millis trucks passing along I 80 Ohio/Pa line and knowing of have shippers and receivers in and around the area,I suppose wanting a 14 / 2 schedule and a good pay check should be very doable YES??? Thanks for any info.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Finalsomnia

Finalsomnia Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    I think the biggest problem is that your closest terminal is just north of Cincinnati. That may be a problem but if the recruiter said your location is fine, then there's probably no problem with that. Just know that they typically only let you drive a truck home if you live within either 30 or 50 miles of a terminal (forget which). I don't get much in the Pennsylvania area except near Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and Mechanicsburg, but i I've in Georgia; I'm OTR so I see a little bit of everything. Some regional guys may be able to help you out more.

4. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    30 to 50 miles of terminal? I take my truck home every time I go home and usually I'm not within 30-50 miles. Hell 2 weeks ago I dropped load in Streator grabbed empty and was sent home 2.5 hours away.

5. Finalsomnia

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    That's just what I was told. I have a car and live within thirty miles of Cartersville, so it doesn't matter to me anyways.

6. FatWillyBlues

FatWillyBlues Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2015
    I'm usually routed home (KY) with a load. Pick up on Thursday/Friday & deliver Monday by 1 pm.

7. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    I think you got this a little twisted. If you live close to a terminal the usually want you to park at the terminal. If you live further away you need to have reliable parking near home.

I live halfway between cartersville and Albany and I park at my house

8. Finalsomnia

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    Yeah, someone basically said the same thing earlier in the thread. I heard it from my trainer, so that's how I understood it, but it's obviously incorrect as you guys pointed out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.