Amish buggy struck by semi

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Tazz, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    All sarcasm must be cleared with the Bureau of Irony, Spoof and Sarcasm before being posted for public view. To contact the Bureau, dial 1-800-BUZZOFF. Your call will be answered in the order received. We are currently helping caller number 251. You are caller number 13,942. Your wait time is approximately 1 year, 7 months, 21 days, 6 hours and 33 minutes. Your call is very important to us. Please hold for the next available Bureaucrat.

Thank you for your patience.

Mrs T Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Yup

Yup Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Everywhere,USA(Texas)
    he's still twitch en W9,hit him again . . . .

4. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    Ok first off in no way shape or form am I excusing this driver for what he did. With that being said......

For someone who claims to know a lot about horse buggies and the amish you sure seem clueless.

The amish own many vehicles but can not drive ones with rubber tires. I know several that own many big trucks along with many cars and vans. Last I checked they ran off of diesel and gas?

As for the buggies, this is even funnier...... They do actually cause damage to the road, like it or not I don't care! I see this first hand every time I run up US250 SR62 and many other roads that run along major amish routes.

Honestly I just skimmed your post after reading the first part and realizing you know very little about the real Amish communities so if I missed something let me know.

Go ahead and google up some more on the Amish, I'd love to read it....lol

BTW I don't claim to know alot about the Amish, but what I do know is first hand experience. SO go blow smoke up someone elses ###, not mine!

Oh one thing almost forgot.... Now I am asking this cause I don't know or really care, but since we are on the subject..... How do the Amish go get a regular job, run a motorized tractor, forklift, front end loader and some other logging equipment that have rubber tires but yet still be considered Amish and get out of paying some of the taxes everyone else that doesn't claim to be Amish have to?

Its funny, last time I unloaded at Wayne Dalton Door in Mt. Hope, Ohio I got unloaded buy an Amish guy on a fork lift.....:biggrin_2559:

As for the "law or code" as you put it.... Most of us just call it beliefs, mainly cause they change them so much to suit their purpose. You can call it "Law" all you want. Did you get that from Google too?....:biggrin_2559:

5. zebcohobo

zebcohobo Vincent Van Gopher

Jul 19, 2010
    Redbank,SC
    That statement makes absolutely no sense to me. I can honestly say that I've never heard anything like that. I don't know if that feller should be offended or not. I mean....how do you come back to something like that. Maybe that's why they say "don't mess with Texas" cause some feller will quote something his mama said and you won't be able to decipher it let alone have a decent comeback. Just sayin...

quickway Thanks this.
  6. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Sorry, no disrespect, but shows you don't know much about Texas - "Don't mess with Texas" is an anti-littering compaign, and nothing more. people from out of state like to label this as arrogance and give it different meanings, as if we're out picking fights, and again, it's an anti-littering campaign. Texas has some of the highest fines in the nation for littering enforcement.

Mom meant that you don't need any reason to cheer up after getting mad - and you need to do it now... since you have the same clothes to get glad in that you got mad in.

zebcohobo Thanks this.
  7. 07-379Pete

07-379Pete Crusty Commando-Pete

Oct 3, 2008
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Every single accident is preventable no matter what the true cause is. The fact is if no one leaves home there wont be any accidents!!
    And if you do stray from your safe haven of home and get into a crash, all partys involved are now at fault because they left home.

Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    joeycool Thanks this.
  8. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills

Mrs T Thanks this.
  9. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn

So it is pure chance that keeps you from having an accident? I mean if control is an illusion in your mind it must be some biblical proportion miracle your not face planted in a bridge support right now yes?

Or could it be a professional driver has a skill set that prevents them from placing themselves in no win situations. But hey if dumb luck is all you can credit. ..........

10. quickway

quickway Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2011
    louisville ky
    And here I am thinking jesus christ was the only perfect man to ever grace the face of this earth. Silly me.

11. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    And what would that compilation of mass delusion have to do with anything discussed in this thread? Acceptance of the mediocre is the enemy of success.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.