Anderson Trucking Service. My true experince.

Discussion in 'Anderson' started by redeye7174, Jan 5, 2014.

1. redeye7174

redeye7174 Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2006
    I am starting this thread just so I can give my honest opinion of my experiences. I have been driving about 21 years, 3 years flatbed. I have always been wanted to haul spracialty flatbed freight. I am going to be doing the one year lease. Not a lease purchase. I don't need anyone's opinion on this, thank you. I really hope this is a really good experience for me and and anyone else who was looking into this program. I have never done a thread before, so I hope it works. So far my recruiter has been straight forward, no lies. They got a rental car for me and another driver. They also gave us the money upfront for gas. I asked for and received a private room. They share rooms, I didn't want that. Tomorrow is first day of orientation, I will post how that goes.

Airborne, Sleepy68 and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Suptrkr

Suptrkr Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Bentonville, AR
    Good Luck. And keep us posted. Flatbeding is fun and hard work but worth it. Makes your mind work. oh and the body LOL Have fun.

redeye7174 Thanks this.
  4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Best of luck to you.

redeye7174 Thanks this.
  5. bowhunter3714

bowhunter3714 Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Missouri
    redeye, enjoy yourself and keep us updated. I'm interested in what your experience is with Anderson.

redeye7174 Thanks this.
  6. redeye7174

Feb 27, 2006
    Day 1. Meet Vice President of Recruiting, drug test, physical if needed, truck selection, equipment checklist if flatbed, lunch, go over lease. They give us in the am a paper with menu for lunch and dinner. Subway lunch, dinner was famous Dave's bbq, they have it delivered to hotel. Pretty much it, normal orientation day. Also paper work this am. Orientation is 4 days for flat, 3 for van. Also they keep you in your room for a extra day, so you can get all your stuff in your truck and get a good night's rest before heading out. It's up to you. I picked a 2013 386 Pete. $497 a week. I don't have a complete breakdown of insurance and everything I pay. Whenever I figure how much my fixed expenses are I will post it. Everyone's will be different. All the trucks to pick from were new, only 1 2009, I didn't want a Columbia. Every week is different.

7. redeye7174

Feb 27, 2006
    Day 2. We went to corporate, very nice place. We meet a lot of people, safety, permits, recruiters and also Jim Anderson. Very nice man. Watch videos. Same old stuff as anywhere. Nothing new.

8. redeye7174

Feb 27, 2006
    Nothing really new, just signed lease and flatbed securement. I have experience, I guess everyone has too. There's only 2 of us. Should take road test tomorrow and get all my stuff put in it. Then get a load by the house.

9. bowhunter3714

bowhunter3714 Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Missouri
    Are you doing flatbed only or step deck. Also are you able to use their securement equipment or do you have to buy your own?

10. redeye7174

Feb 27, 2006
    I will pull flat, step and rgn. They show you how to take a rgn apart. I buy all my equipment. I think I will pay about $2300 for it. At .4cpm deduction. I'm also on percentage not the mileage plan.

Airborne Thanks this.
  11. redeye7174

Feb 27, 2006
    So far I pulled 2 loads, a John Deere load of balers. I took it to Florida, via my house and 3 other stops. Then deadheaded up to orangeburg,sc. Got a load of reels going to Rockford,Illinois. Got 2 stops on this one, holiday screwed up my plans, oh well that's trucking. So far I'm very happy. I had 7 load offerings out of Florida. I took this one of course. I'll update this from time to time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.