Android Question.

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by LindaPV, Aug 31, 2016.

1. LindaPV

LindaPV Medium Load Member

I bought a Sprint prepaid HTC Desire 816 on line for a good price. It came with Lollipop. I want to download Marshmallow because it connects the micro data card to the phone storage. I have a feeling that it's not going to happen on it's own. Anyone have a method to make this happen? I appreciate your answers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Your phone maybe able to be settings, storage and make your memory stick the primary storage destination for your downloads. Otherwise it will hold that Marshmellow inside it's basic internal memory which is not that great.

LindaPV Thanks this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The only sentence that I actually understand in your post Linda, is the one that says " I appreciate your answers." lol.

LindaPV, Blackshack46 and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  5. Hick

Hick Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    West Virginia
    LindaPV and daf105paccar Thank this.
  6. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Glad I'm not the only one, Once she stated talking about lollipops and Marshmallows referring to a phone I was lost. :confused:

thejackal, LindaPV and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  7. GreenMonster9669

GreenMonster9669 Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2014
    St Louis
    ^^^this is the answer, but it's easier said than done. You're better off finding a 14 year old who can do it blindfolded :)

LindaPV, driverdriver and flood Thank this.
  8. jmroadhog

jmroadhog Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    The only one who can update your phone to the next operating system is your service provider.Go to settings,about phone,then it will have an option to check for updates.If there are updates available it will tell you and you can download them,if no updates available then you will be stuck on Lollipop.
    Only other way to get newer operating system is to Root your phone but it's an intricate process and could brick your phone and probably negate your warranty.
    Your data card works in conjunction to your internal storage,not all apps will work if they are on sd card and some things need to be on internal storage.Some things can be moved from internal to sd eg:music,pics,videos but most apps to work properly need to be on internal storage.
    Hope this helps.

LindaPV and driverdriver Thank this.
  9. LindaPV

LindaPV Medium Load Member

Thanks, brother! I unlocked a Motorola Droid Raze so it could be used with TMo from Verizon. If its something that I can do similar to that I'd love to know. Otherwise I may have to lease one. Nooooooo!!!

Hick Thanks this.
  10. jmroadhog

jmroadhog Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    Rooting and unlocking are totally different procedures.If Sprint is not updating that model to Marshmallow and you realy need to have a phone that has the latest operating system on it then you will need to get a different phone.
    Go to XDA-Developers web site and see what's involved in rooting,it's not for the faint of heart LOL.

LindaPV Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.