Annual Inspection Safety Blitz June 7-9

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Chris50, Mar 24, 2016.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    It might be the financial economy of the states also.

I came back out on the road becuase of the recession and lack of trucking jobs plus the lowered wages. 2 of the biggest construction companies sold to 2 other big construction companies. And so on.

States are in a better position these days. So we might see more action this year. Like nevada which has been open more then close the last couple of years. Where as they were all quiet at first.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I have never been inspected during one of these blitz's, at least in the last 20 years. I don't do anything different. Only inspections I have gotten were during normal times, and then about 1 every 4-5 years average. Run loads with little regard to what DOT is doing. I have gotten virtually the same percentage of Pre-Pass green lights during blitz's as other times since I started using Pre-Pass about 10 years ago. I waste no time worrying about these things.

KANSAS TRANSIT and lagbrosdetmi Thank this.
  4. afterburn25

afterburn25 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    just remember I have seen dot get drivers for avoiding scales they get on google maps and if they feel your using back roads to avoid scales they will nail you. not hard to figure out if going out of the way when taking main highway is quicker. also most the back roads now have scales thats not even marked on the map

5. prerunner404

prerunner404 Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    lake havasu city az
    Yes I know I guess I'm lucky and have options where I live in AZ.

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    There are apps that have scales listed, Even the ones not in the atlas. But only if they're active. Those checkpoints that never get used aren't usually listed.

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Not only have i NOT been inspected, I've hardly seen ANYTHING out there in the 6 years i was on the road. Couple of inspections at small time scales in Missouri and that's been about it. And the New Mexico state lines.

Almost wished i was going to Phoenix, to see if those recently installed equipment at the rest areas are active this week.

8. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    It's been a non-event so far in NY. They're probably going to come out with both barrels next week, after everyone thinks it's safe again.

pete1 Thanks this.
  9. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

It was last year too.
    Same thing in PA.
    They just don't seem interested in a lot of states anymore.
    The OT is probably killing the state govts.

10. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    free at at last, free at last :)

ha, I did notice there were a LOT more trucks on the road today.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.