Another 4 wheeler...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Daria, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Daria

Daria Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Philadelphia PA
    Hi. As the title states, I'm another 4 wheeler. I started reading this forum to learn more about best practices for safe driving, and have stayed for the entertaining debates.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Welcome! And please feel free to give us your perspective in these debates. It's always good to hear the point of view of someone outside of the industry. Some of us have forgotten what it was like before we were professional drivers.

d o g and Daria Thank this.
  4. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    8th is right. To hear some of these guys talk you'd think they were driving trucks the day before they were born.

BuckeyeKev, d o g, Daria and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Welcome. Forgive us for being jaded and crusty. We do strive for your safety , regardless of what the media would have you believe.

Again , welcome... and feel free to join in.

d o g, mountaingote and Daria Thank this.
  6. Daria

Daria Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Philadelphia PA
    Thanks for the welcome! The media thrives on sensationalism, like the weather reports encouraging hoarding of groceries because a winter storm may happen. Thanks for looking out for us and delivering goods for our survival!

7. Daria

Daria Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Philadelphia PA
    As mentioned in another thread, I'm a chemist by training and have worked in the pharma industry for the last 14 years. The job market is not great in my field, so I'm trying to figure out some other options. Information about supply chain management is appreciated!

d o g Thanks this.
  8. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Kind of a misnomer there. More like supply chain mismanagement. You wouldn't believe the crap I've seen and had to deal with in the last 30+ years, all in the name of 'management'.

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed and Daria Thank this.
  9. Daria

Daria Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Philadelphia PA
    People get promoted based on their degree, politics, etc but are horrible managers and don't value or listen to their reports. Or the manager has either never done or even observed the work of the report, or thinks they are above doing this. Then they try to fix things. I've been there too. I'm not great at politics, but we are there to work. I would rather seek help from an experienced person than play games. I readily admit that I don't know everything.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.