Another CRE school horror story

Discussion in 'CR England' started by Treima, Feb 17, 2014.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    When a company hires 80 ppl for the same class,no wonder England is so bad.

blairandgretchen, dennisroc and Treima Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    What happened to the student OP was just a sample of what trucking is all about. Hurry up and wait, bad food, bad information, no body cares about you, somebody screws up the count, you have to figure things out for yourself, others go home and leave you on your own,load won't fit in trailer ( too many students & baggage for van ), dis-honest people, being lied to, last minute changes, the list goes on.
    This is a taste of a truckers life. Some can do it, some can't.
    These big companies do not care if you pass or fail. there are plenty more waiting in line.
    Wise idea to get your CDL elsewhere. You will learn more.
    Good luck.

4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    England has been in the the biz for along time,the way they operate is to be ecpected.They don't care anymore they just wanna hurry up get you processed and all that fun stuff and get the day over with.Every of you students are just students and that is it.They could care less about u.

Treima Thanks this.
  5. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    So despite all you have read about CR England you still went there?

Chinatown, Shaggy, pattyj and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Treima

Treima Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Whoa, this thread blew up while I was sleeping. I appreciate the comments, guys, and yeah, I know now that I was stupid for ignoring everything that I had read and trying to go along dancing like a marionette to the CRE pied piper's tune. They were the only company I was able to get into consistent contact with since I had also been putting out feelers with Stevens, Swift, and Knight, and I figured a lot of it was scuttlebutt from guys who were used to being treated like royalty at other jobs. For example, I know a lot of people trash Walmart's treatment of their employees, but I worked there for a year and never had an issue. As for the guy making fun of me for quitting, well, I prefer to call it "correcting an error before it's too late", but to each their own.

I know that some are saying the issues I had with CRE are intrinsic to trucking in general, but even CRE's own drivers seem to agree they suck. My road instructor came right out and said he would NEVER drive for CRE, and that he had been hired to be an instructor after six years driving for Knight. The only folks who ever called this a great company were the propaganda posters on the walls; the admin staff; and Trina, the school director.

I will do my best to keep everybody posted. I got a Class A permit and a DoT medical card for my trouble, and Salt Lake City as a whole was a very lovely city to visit for the brief times between class and sleep, so it wasn't a complete loss. Next will be me trying to work out an arrangement so I can get into Pima Community College's trucking program since their backing class starts next Monday! :O

janet quail Thanks this.
  7. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I attending Central Ref's CDL school, about one block down the road from CR England's HQ and school. In fact, when the Caterpillar dealership lot isn't so full I believe you can see one training pad from the other. That said, you made a good choice to leave. Very few people have anything good to say about CRE's training, methods, or facilities.

I see you also got to ride on the prison bus. I remember seeing it at Walmart and thinking to myself I made a good choice based on that shallow judgement alone haha.

You will probably be happy you never made it to the dorm rooms, as I've read and was told they are like 8 people to a room for the duration of your stay. And you are probably even happier you didn't complete your training and then get socked with a $3000+ fee on top of probably getting sent home because they couldn't strong arm you into signing a lease.

All hear-say though right?! Give me a break. I would say head back up and go to Central's school, but after the SWIFT buyout I don't think you want to do that either lol.

unloader

Treima and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  8. Treima

Treima Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Haha yeah, I saw the Central Ref van pull up to the Ramada a couple times.

I am not going to be doing any company school if I can help it: better to be in control of my own fate and be able to pick and choose my employer once I have CDL in hand than be on the hook for many thousands of dollars or in hock to an employer that knows they've got me by the short and curlies.

I can confirm that CRE does stick 8 people in a room unless you are female or a couple going to school together. Packed in like sardines, and you have to leave a personal article on your bed to avoid having it reassigned to Joe Schmo from the class behind yours. Folks from my class were actually trying to lag behind so that the rooms would fill up with other poor unfortunate souls and they could get sent back to the motel for another night and only have one roommate to deal with.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  9. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    QUOTE:;> "they would route him through his hometown so he could pick up his wife and infant children and take them on the road with him"

Why not throw in the dog, cat, grandma and the goldfish! :biggrin_2551:

10. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Least you got out before you got in too deep its been my experience if multiple people are saying the same thing about a company its most likely true If its a single person then it might be true or a disgruntled employee with an agenda in England's case I haven't heard one positive thing about them but some people have to find out for themselves live and learn I guess.

11. MayhemTrucking

MayhemTrucking Heavy Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    Not really the ideal place for infant children ... I can't imagine having a small child out here with the way mega comps. Run and treat you over the road.. wow!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.