Another DWI big truck...

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Raezzor, Feb 1, 2016.

1. americanmadetrucker

americanmadetrucker Logistical Engineer

Jul 3, 2012
    I just got home. Was thinking I would have a beer Friday. I'm not so sure now, may be accosted by Mable Walker. I think I'll stick to strawberry milk in my sippy cup.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Movingismylifeilovemoving

Movingismylifeilovemoving Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Im so far from harshing anybody for what they do themselves. Everybody seems to be worried about everyone else. I am leased to a carrier. What i do with my truck when im not under a load is my business, not theirs. You show me where it says im not allowed to go buy a six pack while off duty in my truck. While i would hate to be involved, if an over zealous leo decided otherwise I will gladly go to court. You show me anywhere that says its illegal and I will glady succeed. Until then, keep your misconceptions to yourself

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Canned Spam and Mudguppy Thank this.
  4. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    I honestly couldn't care less what you do in your Truck. Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die, or get a DUI....

5. americanmadetrucker

americanmadetrucker Logistical Engineer

Jul 3, 2012
    Hope everyone has a great week and a wonderful weekend when you get to it. I'm going to put my phone away for a few days and return to " back in the day", try to speak to someone, without this ####ing phone. Novel concept. Stay safe.

tucker Thanks this.
  6. Movingismylifeilovemoving

Aug 5, 2015
    I dont even drink on the road. No DUI for me, thanks. I just cant understand why this or many other issues like handguns are so scrutinized. We are all adults here. Live and let live. Now drinking and driving is a completely different issue. Those that drive a cmv drunk should be buried under the prison. But thats completely different issue than whats being discussed

7. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    All this talk about drinking has made me want popcorn.

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  8. Movingismylifeilovemoving

Aug 5, 2015

Haha, or a beer. I feel bad now. this place is helpful and a wealth of knowledge can be found here. It just feels petty or condensing at times.

You guys are ok i guess:)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  9. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    tucker Thanks this.
  10. stevez57305

stevez57305 Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Florida
    What alot off people failed to understand is the wording of the law. It says you have to be UNLADEN which is not hooked up to a trailer in their standards. I know that unladen means empty but we are talking politics in word games they like to play. To play you have to know how. Bobtail and in off duty status. If you work for a company I dont blame them for wanting to keep there company afloat. Think about if your name was on the side of a truck and all you worked for was gone because of someone you hired to run your equipment got tipsy and couldnt handle it and took out some one or mutiple people. As for law if its a trailer is hooked up loaded or empty and your rolling your on duty. Your numbers and name on side of the truck, your call. Alcohol doesnt kill people.. People who drink alcohol and dont give themselves time to recover from the state of being intoxicated kill people. And yes I do drink but only at home cause I like to relax and have a few beers or rounds and talk #### without having to watch my mouth. My license cost to much to get suspended or revoked. But if you are in business for yourself hope you have enough sense not to drive impaired for your lively sake.

cnsper Thanks this.
  11. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    You don't have to be bobtailing in order to be unladen, and that has been discussed around here many times over the years with scale workers and dot officers alike weighing in to correct your incorrect assertion that you cannot be pulling a trailer. Unladen simply means not loaded. You cannot be under dispatch or trying to position yourself for your next dispatch, either.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.