Another failed e-log monitoring

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by DUNE-T, Jan 9, 2016.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    All I know is, I drove FAR more hours with FAR less sleep on paper then I did with eLogs. And I suspect I'm not the exception either. So if it's about safety, that's one thing, if it's about the pay check, that's another thing. But dead people can't cash checks so what's the point?

Are eLogs perfect and insure every mile is driven in a safe manner? No. But they beat the hell of what we had before. They (eLogs) changed the entire culture of trucking, and that was the first need. Let's be honest

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    Razorwyr, dngrous_dime, tucker and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    There is one reason they can on elogs and not paper is on elogs, they know your duty status NOW!

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Yes. And the driver knows their duty status now. What's your point?

5. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    No, dispatch knows the duty status now. With paper logs, how do they know your duty status at any particular time?

6. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    The good ones that kept track seemed to know, the average to lower than average are pretty much in the dark. Even with e-logs going by some experiences I have had revealed to me by others.
    One of them, actually a couple of them I know well are really happy to be on paper again.

Part of it was being lied to repeatedly and no longer being in that situation, and part for having a safety idiot editing their logs without permission of the driver.

7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I don't think the OP likes elogs ...

8. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Well, with bleeding on the brain (aka subdural hemitoma), she'll liked get great sleep with a medically induced coma now. Then she'll look forward to at least several months relearning basics, like how to chew and swallow, how to talk, walk, etc. I spent a year intensively retraining a young man that didn't believe in seat belts back when I was in college as part of my field work. Unfortunately he never got back more than enough skills to live outside an assisted living situation. Ever.

9. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    There is nothing wrong with E Logs. It's the 14 hr rule that's forcing driver's to keep driving when they are fatigued. You could stop and take a break anytime you wanted to for as long as you wanted before they came up with this idiotic regulation.

Boardhauler and Lepton1 Thank this.
  10. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Elogs will end the careers of drivers that stop all the time and need 20 hours to drive 600 miles.

11. NewTrucker7

NewTrucker7 Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Ohio
    How often does something like this occur though? I for one know after sleeping I can't fall back asleep after having just slept for like 8 hours.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.