Another Magnum Ltd thread..

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by War Wagon, Aug 23, 2015.

1. War Wagon

War Wagon Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Southport, NC
    Well just starting a new thread about Magnum to give a new view point.
    Before I came here I had only driven flat bed and I loved it. Trust me folks, if you've never done it I can promise you those folks earn their money. I would still be doing it myself but trying to catch a falling tarp off of a super coil gave me a career ending SLAP tear shoulder injury. (Yes I know I should have just let it fall but instinct kicked in and I grabbed it.)
    Anyway after trying a local gig for a bit which was great for about 3 months then just became so boring I couldn't see straight I decided to come back otr.
    I read about Magnum on here and decided to give the dreaded reefer a try.
    I've been here since April and I can honestly say that this truly is an awesome outfit.
    Magnum has done everything they told me they would. No questions asked. I'm between 2000 to 2500 miles per week, and my paychecks have been solid. On average since I've started I have been getting over 10,000 miles per month easily. The dispatchers are great about keeping you preloaded as long as you keep in contact with them. I'm usually planned out for the whole week and sometimes the weekend after 2 days.
    If you are on the fence about this place I highly advise you to come on over.
    Great equipment (579 Petes with APUs), haven't seen a junk trailer yet, plenty of miles, minimal equipment issues and a shop that actually fixes things if there is a problem, friendly dispatchers and a feeling that as a driver you matter.
    I sound like a recruiter but so far this has been the case.

Grijon, 28, HalpinUout and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cerberus63

cerberus63 Light Load Member

May 24, 2015
    Gates of Hades
    Hope I enjoy it as much as it sounds like you do! I've got a sister and her family that lives at Oak Island and several cousins that live there in Southport. Enjoy your home time!!!

War Wagon Thanks this.
  4. War Wagon

War Wagon Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Southport, NC
    I think you will enjoy it here. Just remember that communication is the key. Keep your dispatchers aware of what's going on and you will keep rolling.

5. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    green tail shrimp should be starting while your home

War Wagon Thanks this.
  6. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Been running on my own at Magnum since May and absolutely love it. Once you prove that you can manage your clock and run hard the miles start coming... Getting 11K per month and hopefully soon I will be in the performance pay (old guy returning to trucking after a 25 year gap) so things are going well.

You can do a lot worse than Magnum, especially for newbies.

7. cerberus63

cerberus63 Light Load Member

May 24, 2015
    Gates of Hades
    Well I'm a newbie and so far I've been impressed with everybody I've run across. We delivered this morning in Rocky Mount, NC and now we're in Concord, NC picking up a load running it to Wisconsin

8. Winnyf1

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Well I am pretty new myself, just coming up on 6 months with Magnum and so far so good - as long as you like to run and you communicate well with dispatch you can make a good living here.

9. Darracq

Darracq Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2011
    ks
    Did you have to go back to school, or just do a refresher being out so long?

10. Milechaser

Milechaser Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Campobello, SC.
    Can anybody tell me how the trainers are compensated? And how long do you have to be with Magnum, before they will give you the opportunity to become a trainer?

11. Winnyf1

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Unfortunately I went back for 3 weeks of school...to much has changed since the 80's :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.