Anti-Canadian sentiment in Texas??

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Captain Canuck, Aug 25, 2008.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    im fine with canadians although some from ontario and quebec seem to be a little rude but there are just as many rude ones here in the usa .
    id much rather be around a canadian on bad roads than the 90 day wonders in the us .. i dont notice many canadian trucks piled into ditches when it snows and i dont see em runnin junk either .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    That's okay, most of the rest of us don't care much for them either.

:biggrin_25523:

I keed... I keed...

Captain Canuck and thetinytrucker Thank this.
  4. NYSuperTrucker

NYSuperTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Twin Cities MN
    Thanks for revisiting this thread, I didn't notice this the 1st round, but its pretty crappy to hear it goes on. My company sends trucks up into Quebec via Ontario, north of St Urbain and back to the Midwest. I personally don't go, but it's 40 trucks a week. I'll have to ask them and see if they've noticed this sort of baloney.

I have witnessed 1st hand Quebec on Quebec crime. Back when Transpel-Transport NJN out of Bocherville was around, one of their trucks was in the Freightliner dealership next to me for fuel issues. Turned out, someone dumped some plastic bags in the guys fuel tank and the intake sucked it up. The driver mentioned it was most likely another Quebec carrier's driver who did that.

I'd still love to know the name of that truckstop in Michigan that told you guys to beat feet back across the border.

5. raylittlebear

raylittlebear Light Load Member

Because ur in texas trust me be glad u didn't stick around

6. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck "Captain of the Ship"

Apr 7, 2007
    Woodstock, NB, Canada
    I think you'll agree that sarcasm can be extremely difficult to detect when presented in strictly text form. Given some of the racist remarks to be found in that same discussion, I had no reason to think that particular remark was sarcastic. Regardless, as a proud Canadian, I will tolerate such shenanigans no more and no less than any US based member if the situation were reversed.

Mr.X Thanks this.
  7. UKJ

UKJ Heavy Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    Canadians are fine, French Canadians though.....No Thanks!

AModelCat Thanks this.
  8. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    You honestly thought a comment advocating dropping a nuclear bomb on Canada due to the inability of drivers to keep from hitting each other on the 401 was anything other than sarcastic?

Really? [emoji46]

I drive for a company with a Spanish surname from El Paso, TX, you don't think I get my fair share of grief?

I deal with it, I don't let it rob me of my sense of humor.

9. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I live/ work very close to the Quebec border.

Almost all bulk commodities come down from the north. They've put almost every saw mill out of business. They carry lumber down and reload logs and bring them back north. Oil/asphalt and cement all come down.....

They drive around at 90kpm or whatever and are a pain in the butt generally ....

10. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck "Captain of the Ship"

Apr 7, 2007
    Woodstock, NB, Canada
    I have nothing to gain by engaging in a war of words with a mod on this forum. All that's liable to get me is a ban. This will therefore be my final word on the subject unless I am directly addressed and feel compelled to further defend myself.

As further explanation/clarification: I expressed my disappointment, and then further explained my thought process. In light of comments from other staff members, that should have been the end of it. In fact, that WOULD have been the end of it. I am, however, further disappointed by the passive aggressive manner in which you have chosen to address this issue and me personally, even though I was not the only person offended by your remark. There is little point in denying that you, by replying to me and me alone, have singled me out, ostensibly to make an example of me. So be it. There is a noticeable parallel between your remarks (and explanation thereof) and well known cases of discriminatory remarks and actions being later explained away as "It was a joke, not my fault you didn't get it." I find it interesting that you characterize remarks you have had to endure as "grief" while simultaneously defending your similar remarks as humor that I lack the ability to appreciate. Which is it? Or is it a matter of "I have to take it, so you should too"? We can, and should, both let it go and move on. Alternatively, we can pursue this to its inevitable final stupidity, which would result in nothing less than both of our reputations being further soiled. Your call.

11. seabring

seabring Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    You should come to Alberta sometime...

AModelCat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.