Any Comments For Continental Express

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by BIGPHILBROWN, Jan 29, 2008.

1. BIGPHILBROWN

BIGPHILBROWN Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2008
    BIRIMINGHAM AL
    :biggrin_255:ANY ONE WITH COMMENTS REGUARDING THESE GUYS??? GOOD OR BAD JUST TRYING TO GATHER INFO FOR A POSSIBLE JOB CHANGE AND THEY ARE CALLING. THANKS.........

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moor

Moor Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Akron, Ohio
    hum witch continental express there are 2 one in sidney oh
    and one in arkansas i think
    i work for the sidney oh continental
    we haul refrigerated

4. AfroBat

AfroBat Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    I think he's talking about the one in Ar. Which by the way is the best company to work for I have seen yet.:biggrin_25514:

I worked for em for about 10 yrs. I think it was and I just left a few weeks ago so I could deal with a few major problems at home the only way to deal with em is to raid my 401-K and stay a little closer to home for the time being.

Right now I work for dart and these guys are OK and they do have what I like Volvo, Western States, Speedy reloads, No pressure to run hot loads etc... But CEI is still in my heart:biggrin_25526:

Back on CEI subject they were like family to me and to tell ya the truth I have not found that kind of treatment at any other company nor heard of it anywhere else.

Such as plenty of loads cool time off if I wanted to go home they fought with other companies to get the load I needed.

They had quite a few BBQ Fish cook outs at the home terminal and getting me to Big D for my Kin folks funerals was no problem.

I used to stay out for weeks even months if I wanted to and got 2 cars paid off, one was 18 grand the other was 27 grand and while paying for the 27 grand I managed to pay for an SUV (Still got 2 yrs. to go) at the same time!

They are a small Company but they could run with the Big Boys when it came to fighting for freight.

They used to run from NJ to CA a lot but times have changed and they run from Laredo to the NE a lot and they do a lot of mid west too.

I used to hear the gripers on the yard a lot but these are the same guys who used to leave the trucks running and go in the drivers lounge and watch TV!!!

They have had problems with some bad drivers wrecks etc and they got rid of em too!!!:biggrin_25511:And will get rid of you too if you fall in this category.

I had a load that got mixed up in the system after I left and I'm still in touch with the Bobby the Top Dispatcher who's over the other Dispathers and sent me back an e-mail and said that I did not get paid for 1 load and it turned out it was 2 loads!!!

And yes they paid me for em too!:biggrin_255:

I have seen drivers come and go and come back again!!! One diver left and came back like 3 times Hehehehe!!! So they must be doing something right.

So there it is and I got more good things/stories but I save em for later, All I can say is I had a good time and give em a try but just keep an open mind times are ruff at all companies and you will have good loads and not so good loads it's all in the economy.

C.E.I Little Rock Ar.!!! YES!!! :yes2557:

Keep on Rock'n CEI Keep on Rock'n!!!:iroc:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  5. dunkv005

dunkv005 Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Omaha,TX
    So AfroBat what is C.E.I.'s pay scale

6. AfroBat

AfroBat Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Sorry I don't know I was at 0.38 also JB/Swift offered me 0.1 less than these CEI.
    And as of last week I have been sent an offer to return! :biggrin_25520:

7. desperado75

desperado75 Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2012
    allentown,pa
    there gone now right???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.