Any current Werner drivers?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Rugerfan77, Sep 5, 2015.

1. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    LMAO! Should be Sysco LOL!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    What account are you on sir?

4. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    If you drive for Sysco, don't forget the Crisco....

5. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Dollar tree.

6. Evomalo

Evomalo Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    How many loads per a week do you do?

7. BostonTanker

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Depends.
    I can do anywhere from 3-6 depending on store speed. I can unload 40K in 4.5-6 hrs if stores do their job. I can also do team runs solo in under 24 hrs round trip.

8. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Hey Boston. I'm in a dilemma at the moment. Fixing to start with Schneider but I originally wanted to start with Werner. Problem is they do that 5 week team driving training. Just curious if you went through it? Schneider offer that 3 week training (1 week OTR) which was appealing but their trucks look run down and they seem to not want to let me park at home with the truck (no car right now so can't be driving to the terminal).

9. BostonTanker

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Yes i went through it.
    Werner will let you take truck home. They try to assign you a load as close to home as possible for your hometime.
    I don't know much about SNI.
    I chose werner over others because how many other companies are paying 42 cpm round trip plus the unload fee?
    I can't starve doing otr.
    I'll stay regional. I still hit close to 1500 miles in 6 days plus 5 unloads.
    My tractor leaves much to be desired. My espar bunk heater don't fire up, my splitter has a leak in high range so when i have the opti idle on, the low air buzzer comes on, and their network of repair vendors is a pittance in new england. 2 weeks to get my truck fixed. If i gotta sit at home for 2 weeks for a simple splitter repair, I'll be in another truck. Simply unacceptable, especially since they seem to give these new trucks away to all these #### 21 year old kids.

Lightside Thanks this.
  10. Lightside

Jul 4, 2015
    It seems like Werner put more trust into their drivers than SNI (well besides standing behind glass talking to your dispatch from what I read). Is 42 cpm what they pay at 1 year of employment? They told me I'd start at around 32 cpm. What was the 5 weeks training like? Is that spent with trainer driving, student sleeping and vice versa? hopefully no stopping and bunking down. I'd like to get one of the black Werner trucks with the yellow logo. I'd like to get a million safe miles with them. That's a shame about the truck issues. Surely they will assign another truck if you ask. If you've been there a while. They must be giving the new trucks to the younger folks because they can't drive a stick shift.

Thanks Boston for the help!

BostonTanker Thanks this.
  11. Lightside

Jul 4, 2015
    By the way in regards to your pay, sounds like you average about 800 a week?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.