Any current Werner drivers?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Rugerfan77, Sep 5, 2015.

1. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    I'm on the dollar tree dedicated account in the northeast. It's probably their hardest account other than family dollar out of rome ny. New England logistics are a nightmare. Plus all these stores are in old plazas set up for old day cab with 45-48' trailers. Bless my soul, almost two months solo no accidents.
    As far as training, it's straight up a #####.
    My first trainer was 48 otr lease operator with a bucket of bolts. Spent 15 days broke down in new Mexico. Plus his hometime 2x i did 57 hrs of training in 29 days.
    2nd trainer was awesome. Old school driver that taught me a lot. Was with him for 32 days and tested out. After curfew it was run as team. I did over 600 miles a night

Lightside Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BostonTanker

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    That's a 2 load week lol.
    I'm around $2000 for 6 days this week

Lightside Thanks this.
  4. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Geesh that sounds awful. When will these major carriers rework their training procedures. What do you mean after curfew? SNI has simulator training first week along with paperwork and road test, then 2nd week it's OTR and final week is soft skills. Not sure how 1 week OTR will prepare me to go out in it alone. I still need practice downshifting smoothly.

BostonTanker Thanks this.
  5. BostonTanker

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Not sure when they will lol. Sni training seems to have its good points. Werner gives you hands on practical experience at 275 hrs.

Lightside Thanks this.
  6. devildog3531

devildog3531 Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2015
    Out of all the people in Omaha to stab, why the driver? Werner has gotten pretty pass poor but that's only do to the fact that instead of concentrating on trucking it has gotten too corporate. I suppose the same goes for all other big companies but I'm only familiar with this one.

7. Picture.Taker

Picture.Taker Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Earth
  8. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    I heard about that. I might be finally going with Werner. I had to cancel a couple times and they said they would only let me apply again with management approval. If they need drivers though I am hoping that's not an issue.

Feel like an ### but hard to know what to do when recruiters fail to tell you the whole story.

9. leisarachelle

leisarachelle Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Drove for Werner, for almost a year, live in Washington State, was sent out to the South and NE, was kept there, last time was out for 9 weeks, August, NO A/C!, tried to get it fixed, ended up in a motel in Missouri for over a week, had to keep taking draws to eat and when I finally got my tractor back the A/C STILL didn't work. I couldn't afford to get into any deeper debt to Werner so I just kept running, from Connecticut to Florida, Dallas to Chicago and all in between.... they paid .9 cents a mile for deadhead and 21 cents for loaded. So, they DH me every chance they got to "reposition" trailers, or DH me 296 miles to pull a 90 mile load. After week 6 I begged for home time, they started sitting me for 2 and 3 days at a time, then on short runs. All my deliveries were gotten there early, pickups always on time.... they just jerked me around and I believe that is what they do to all new drivers.

10. leisarachelle

Jul 10, 2014
    All I can say is "at your own risk", they talk a good story but end up jerking you around. Ran me ragged all over the east coast and the south for little money... crappy equipment, the trailers are a joke. If you decide to go there --- pretrip, pretrip, pretrip... I got called into the barn all the time because Werner equip is awful (I always had good insp. because I was diligent on my pretrips and wouldn't move an inch until something was fixed... )

11. leisarachelle

Jul 10, 2014
    Right?! They kept trying to recruit me to the GD account... LOL, no way! Actually their marketing ploy that goes over the qualcom is "earn $$$ on a dedicated account" .... hahaha.... I know 3 drivers that worked that account, 2 were injured and the other quit it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.