ANY GOOD INFO ON CRST

Discussion in 'CRST' started by firemedic2816, Jun 4, 2016.

1. JJDrivesOTR

JJDrivesOTR Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    It works for you but you don't recommend it to new drivers, Why??? why is it good for you but no one else should come on board, do you realize how bad that sounds?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    It doesn't sound bad at all if you know the facts. I am a L/O and I am not a brand new driver. Lease is not available for new drivers (for good reason). Therefore, a new driver is most likely going to be required to be a team company driver and make peanuts.

Secondly, CRST's organization and communication capabilities leave much to be desired. A driver with a year or so experience can probably deal with it. OTOH I cannot imagine a brand new driver who knows nothing about nothing trying to deal with these issues.

There are much better organized and new-driver-friendly companies to choose from than CRST.

Still sound bad?

4. alghazi

Aug 29, 2014
    You can also read my response to @firemedic2816 for my rationale.

5. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    Maybe not good for you when you were new, but others might be able to handle it.

John Dewart Thanks this.
  6. alghazi

Aug 29, 2014
    You're right. I'm sure there are new drivers that can handle it (they do every day). The question is why should they when there are so many better choices for a new driver? That was my only point.

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  7. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    Might be their only choice. They have to make the best if it.

alghazi Thanks this.
  8. Eska

Eska Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Stay away from companies that have way too many trucks. When they have too many trucks they stop caring about your paycheck. Go for the small companies. Its simple math. In extremely large companies if you are not making the miles somebody else is making those anyways. But in small scale companies if you are making money, they are making money. One of my friends recently became a truck driver. He payed for his school from the credit card and started with a russian company ( some of them are crooks too) and he started to make real money. In some states such as texas if you can prove that you can not afford to pay for the school, in most cases workforce commission will pay for your cdl. So dont think that you are stuck with the limited options. And again stay away from crst and such

9. Laurita

Laurita Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Hi, are u still at CRST? WE ARE FLATBED WITH OUR OWN TRUCK FROM TN, THINKING OF RUNNING WITH THEM. ARE THEY HONEST?

10. alghazi

Aug 29, 2014
    There's no such thing as an honest trucking company.

If you are planning on doing flatbed at CRST, that is CRST Malone. I'm in expedited (dry van). The two are run completely different. I don't know specifically how Malone does things. Sorry.

11. Eska

Eska Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2015
    They are not honest at all. First of all they cut the pay of the load and then take %25 out of it. For example lets say if the load is paying $3000, they post this load on their board as $2000 and when they take their %25. It will be $1500. now take the fuel out of it, $900.
    If you work for a small company where they send you the rate conf. small companies usually charge around %10. For the same load you will get after fuel $2100.
    Also they have too many trucks and a little amount of loads. so you need to fight for a load. another thing with malone is the favoritism. most of good loads dont even touch the load board. some brokers has their own trucks or a relative or a friend working for them.
    Too much bs, very little money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.