any info from drivers at the nashville terminal

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by jaytex31, Jul 26, 2014.

1. jaytex31

jaytex31 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2014
    monteagle,tn
    I am graduating from cdl school (chatt state) on july 28 and am looking to go with May trucking. I was wondering if there are any drivers from the nashville terminal that can give me any insight on how the like working for May trucking in the area. I.E. do you get the miles you want: what about home time? do you get to take your truck home. do they have good equipment? I have seen a lot of recruiters from many different companies and it is hard to tell what is real and what is over promised. The best way to tell is from the horses mouth so to speak.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Is that Chinese restaurant still open in Monteagle? Lots of truck parking and good food. Good friend of mine lives in Monteagle; old Navy buddy.

You live in a good spot for some good trucking jobs. Best wishes.

jaytex31 Thanks this.
  4. jaytex31

jaytex31 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2014
    monteagle,tn
    Yeah Shan's is still open but not what it used to be. I live in the center of town and could not fit truck and trailer in the drive. I can leave the trailer at the truck stop and bobtail to the house but don't know if the company will allow it.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. GregH65

GregH65 Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Modesto, California
    DOT foods is opening a new DC in Dyersberg in the fall. Apply online, positions should be up already for drivers.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Apply with Tyson Foods, those drivers make some good money and trucks run 70 mph. One Atlanta driver posted he bumped $60K his first 12 months as a solo driver. Check their website.

[​IMG]

jaytex31 Thanks this.
  7. Efon

Efon Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Fort Collins, CO
    If you decide on May, you will have the best terminal manager they have in Dan Boyd. After he leaves to open a new terminal or go back to the corporate office, all bets are off. He was great in Denver when I was with May. The Nashville terminal is new, but they do a lot of freight in and out of the Atlanta area.

jaytex31 Thanks this.
  8. jaytex31

jaytex31 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2014
    monteagle,tn
    Well I passed my cdl test today and it looks like May will have a new driver in september.

9. Apd

Apd Haystack

Jun 22, 2009
    Congrats Jaytex

10. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Congratulations!

Get as much truck driving experience as possible over at May Trucking, while simultaneously trying to keep as CLEAN a work record and driving record as possible.

After 1 to 2 years, you may want to take Chinatown's suggestion and apply at Tyson Foods.

In addition to having some of the best pay & benefits package, Tyson Foods has a reputation of treating their drivers very well.

Good luck to you!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.