Any JCPenney Dedicated drivers on here?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by pumpkinhead, Jul 14, 2015.

1. pumpkinhead

pumpkinhead Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2015
    Thank you for the information. I might enjoy the unloading part, I've been getting a little flabby. I can't do flatbed because of where I live, at least with Swift.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    So that's what the GH stands for .... I thought is was just Gawddam Headache.

TruckerVinny Thanks this.
  4. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    You won't want to dock, they are not deep or like other stores. Your tractor will be in customer traffic. Usually wide open parking lots. I have had good luck find open parking rows in line with the dock, setting up camp, and then straight line backing once the crew gets there.

Be warned.... There are random stores with no docks, that are a bit crazy. And you will lift gate. Still not a big deal.

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  5. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Yeah, that's why I was trying to see where he was. I like the account but it's got it's moments where it's simply a pain in my hind end. But that is every job.

I haven't encountered any liftgates outside of the Atlanta distribution center, but I haven't done all the stores either.

While I primarily pull from Forest Park, Ga I have pulled from Florida and South Carolina.

I started off brand new out of school, and while this may be one of the better dedicated accounts that SNI has there is still one hell of a curve from otr. Backing for one, but you'll back two to three times as often as you might with otr so you get more practice. On top of that, navigating crowded parking lots to dock provides ample practice for tandem control.

Unloading the truck itself isn't hard work, there are other accounts that id suggest if you want hard work. Lol. (Stein Mart, but I don't know of anywhere other than Atlanta.)

6. MM3Deg

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    I am also a rookie as well. Based in DFW. Loving every day with this company. Got an almost new 2015 prostar 10 speed.... Get home on Friday, don't leave till Sunday after dark. Clock stays stacked.

Swift has been Awesome for me!

The job is not without its BS... but it is the nature of the beast, not the company. Can't imagine any other third party transport not facing the same exact issues.

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  7. MM3Deg

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    Pretty much all of our trailers are GH or GL... GL being liftgate.

All are packed like a grandmothers closet with rows and rows of clothes.

Expect to spend a good hour or so on a wobbling step ladder transferring Hanging clothes from the trailer Rafters to their rolling racks.

Still.... Not a bad gig, considering they keep your clock stacked. Weekends off. All the extra 'pays'.

Plus the experience.... Your going to back 2-6 times a day!!

At our warehouse there are two places to drop MT.... One of them is a freakin blindside row!!

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  8. pumpkinhead

pumpkinhead Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2015
    I could always use more practice backing up. I do need the cardio too.

9. Vilhiem

Oct 6, 2014
    Lol then you're better off with stein mart for cardio. But one step at a time, jcpenny's docks are slightly more forgiving.

You still haven't answered my question though. I don't need your whole address, closest major city is fine. I wouldn't dare live IN Atlanta or Forest Park. :p

10. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    GH means Garment Hangers. The few I have seen have a series of ropes strung across the trailer. The trailers with AP are sometimes set up the same...AP means apparel from what I have been told.

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Thanks this.
  11. Vilhiem

Oct 6, 2014
    You know...I gotta start paying more attention.

Bud I just realized you'd put this in the swift section. I'm with SNI. Pay stuff you should ignore from me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.