any miller transporters drivers in here

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by amsn, Jun 19, 2009.

1. tobie town trucker

tobie town trucker Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Mississippi
    I heard things are really slow over there

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whisky

whisky Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2009
    florence,ky
    They have a hiring event this week in CIncinnati.

4. tobie town trucker

Jan 12, 2011
    Mississippi
    Does Garret have it rock'n and roll'n up there?

5. M Lee Rhodes

M Lee Rhodes Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Somewhere in America..
    Hey drivers.
    i have a few questions if you don't mind. I want to get back into Tank and have been looking at Miller. Any info on the Mobile terminal?
    Also how do you run, is it a system? what kinda home time do you guys get?
    Is it percentage pay or millage?

6. tobie town trucker

Jan 12, 2011
    Mississippi
    It's been 2 years since I was at Miller, but I'll answer the best I can. O/O's can work out of any terminal, but Mobile, Memphis, El Dorado, and St. Louis are all Union company terminals. Their contract states that they get priority dispatch over O/O's running out of their own terminal. I was based out of Memphis. When it would get slow, I would sometimes need to call other terminals and deadhead out to get a load because the teamsters could run a dedicated load and be back to get another before I would make it to the top of the board. That would usually happen once or twice a year. I tried to run the system as much as I could to make sure this rarely happened. When you run the system, its first in first out at any terminal other than your own. When I started with them in 2011, we had choices on every dispatch whether we were at our home terminal or in the system. Over time those choices got less and less until there weren't any choices other than take it or leave it. I don't know about you, but I became an O/O to have more control over my income. Once they took my choices away, they left me only one.

Now don't get discouraged. I made good money with Miller. Getting in good with your terminal manager and dispatcher will be your one and only key to success there.

Allan M and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  7. licsky

licsky Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Hi: been driving for 12 years on the
    Lease purchase, do they check your credit score an order to get a truck

8. C12

C12 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2016
    215600 peterbilt great co to work 4 ,BTW anyone who call his/her self running a business that has no choice in revenue(loads) are as dumb as it is to lease purchase.Trucking is a game of Leverage like any Business the more you have The more chances of Sucess!

9. Saberman2

Saberman2 Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2017
    People that want to work for Miller Transporters I will tell you to look for a better place to work if you want to be a glorified company driver this is the place for you. Miller don't care about there owner operators they only care about the bottom line of their pockets could not give a #### about o/o's as long as they get paid it's good no freight in the system and if you do get a load you get it at a back haul rate with means it's been cut you leave your home terminal with a good load then your 2nd load is #### they charge you 37% on anything that you do if you have 4hrs of unload or loading you start getting paid after 3hrs then you get paid for the fourth but only 63% of that fourth hrs so Miller makes their money oh and don't think you will never have a negative check you will Miller will pay for everything and then take out of your next check and if that one is negative also you just owe them more money so I will tell you find another job unless you want to stay in debt

10. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Evidently you typed that entire thing on your phone. Just a guess.

11. Saberman2

Saberman2 Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Yes sir and???????

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.