Any of you escape the truck and get a motel ?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by bzinger, May 14, 2016.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Oh definitely ! I only do it when there's no hurry ...other benefit is I don't get woke up by Kelly's truck service out of salt lake swapping trailers at 3am next to me ..that was at the j in gretna ne this morn ..boneheads !

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Once in a while we got truck sick (Yes there is such a thing as literal truck sick the way we ran) and a nice fat plush super 8 for a couple nights somewhere good is morale boost.

Plus a rental car to run around in for a week off as a couple of tourists. Does not get better than that. Just make sure that there is a card in your wallet that you are relieved of all responsibility for that truck when off duty and parked proper.

2Girls_1Truck Thanks this.
  4. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    I've never gotten a room at a Hotel.

5. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Why? I've got enough junk in my wallet now that every store, hotel chain, fuel stop, etc. has their own rewards card to clutter it up...sure as heck ain't adding to the mess with another unnecessary piece of paper.

Dark_Majesty_06 and bzinger Thank this.
  6. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Used to get a room at a motel next to the flying-j in Kingman, AZ. Only $28.00 I couldn't run my truck for that kind of money when it was a hundred degrees out.

bzinger and TequilaSunrise Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Well. I don't know about all the so called junk Mr Bulldog, but that is one of the company cards that protects you from responsibilty or personal liability to the truck should something happen to it. If you are a O/O then it's all yours.

Yes there is a awful lot of #### that goes into a frigging wallet I agree with you there. But I love the Law and learned how to work it in my favor to defend against those who would wish to take advantage of a 18 wheeler parked in the middle of steal me USA for a few days unattended.

drvrtech77 and bzinger Thank this.
  8. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    I do it all the time especially if I need a 34 or get somewhere early afternoon Saturday and deliver Monday. Most of time I stay at a Super 8 or Days Inn which has truck parking and trucker rates too. You can t beat 2 nights less than a $100 for a nice room

drvrtech77, TheFriscoKid and bzinger Thank this.
  9. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    If you're legally parked (as in hotel parking lot where you have a room) and you are off duty (in the motel room or out-and-about), then how would your liability be any different than if you were parked at a truck stop and inside showering? Heck, you're more likely to get backed into while you're sleeping at the truck stop than you are in a motel parking lot! $#!+ happens, and if I carried a special card alleging to release me from liability in every possible scenario, I'd need a wheel barrow to cart them all around. And you know what? Those cards wouldn't be worth the paper they were printed on in the event something DID happen.

austinmike and LindaPV Thank this.
  10. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

When I was out for weeks at a time I would get one..
    Kick back,relax,do laundry and order in some good food....It made me feel so much better for the next couple of days and I can write it off on my taxes.

bigkev1115 Thanks this.
  11. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I buy my fuel where I get the best price and don't waste it haulin ### or idleing just to hear my truck run and have an espar heater but I won't cook either , when i know I'm goin to have to idle and pay for showers a motel comes out at a real reasonable price not to mention the comforts and lack of wear on the truck .

LindaPV and EZ Money Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.