Any Pepsi drivers out there?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Sentinel, Mar 8, 2007.

1. urbanerosion

urbanerosion Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I work for Pepsi in Vancouver Canada as a bay truck driver. I've been with them for around 10 years. Average day is about 500 cases and around 18 stops. The usual workday is about 10-12 hours anything over 10 is ot. We pick our routes in the mornings according to seniority. I work 4 shifts a week but I am still on call pretty much every day even after almost 9 years(Sundays always off). Pay is good at about $31.60/hour for full time drivers, it took me two years to get my full time. Our location is non-union.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Im about to finish up CDL school and I was going to apply at Pepsi, Coke, and a few local beer distributors. When is the average start time everyday? I only ask because I will most likely have to take the bus at first until I make enough to buy my own car.

4. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Beau, good luck. Pepsi and Coke are not easy places to get hired on and normally don't take new drivers. I've applied a few times over the last couple years but finally gave up because people are holding on to those jobs simply because they pay well and the benifits are top notch.

5. locolechero

locolechero Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2012
    albany ny
    Do you still work at pepsi?

6. rm23

rm23 Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Albany, NY
    Nope. A co-worker at Pepsi who left and went to US Foods told me about the job and I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I've been here since the end of August and I really like it. No stocking shelves, Wednesdays and the weekend off every week and the incentive program pays extremely well.

NukedNative Thanks this.
  7. chevyman

chevyman Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2012
    rochester,ny
    I have a question a little off topic but I'm pursuing a career with Pepsi here in Rochester,ny an I orginally had a interview for a merchandiser position and they saw on my resume that I had my class B permit an asked would I be intrested in a driver relife job I said if yes so they said we'll set it up so had a interview the next week they seemed to really like me they told me I had to take my combinations test before I can start.I said ok. A couple of days later they sent me a email saying they had all the info they needed from. Me an I'm still in consideration for the position and that they will contact me back about next steps once a decision isf made. Are they gonna bring me aboard? I've had 2 tickets in the last 3 years an I stupid suspension what's the chances I get hired? Please someone give me some info I need this job.

8. mgt1085

mgt1085 Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2009
    west palm beach,fl
    depends on tickets and rather if its an independant or part of pbc if u did not have the tickets in truck then ur chances r good provided they need people if they find someone more skilled they will take them good luck

chevyman Thanks this.
  9. chevyman

chevyman Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2012
    rochester,ny
    The interviewers said they were going to hire 8 new guys because the turnover is high.all my tickets happened in my own car does that even matter? 2 speeding tickets an a suspension because my ticket got lost in mail.and how do I know if the company is independent or part of pbc? During the interview they said nothing about my MVR just told me to make sure that I have my class A permit that made that pretty clear that I need my class A permit .

10. rkd8582

rkd8582 Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    SC
    How long does it take to get your start date after you pass all the background and interviews? I passed everything and my online app status says" congrats on accepting an offer for relief driver. We will contact you soon to schedule your final start date" Im assuming that means I mad the cut and waiting on orientation. Any info on how long I should be expecting to wait?

11. locolechero

locolechero Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2012
    albany ny

How long did you stay at pepsi? I'm starting there soon.....I'm interested to see how the training and commission will work out. In the interview they initially said the base was 45,000 once you got your own route plus commission, after i accepted and everything they started to tell me it was a little bit different and explained kind of what you did in your first post. I'm used to hard work, since i used to deliver milk, i just want to be sure i am being taken care of.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.