Any T680 Owners? Would love some feedback.

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Zen Trucker, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Oram

Oram Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2012
    WINDSOR, ON, CANADA
    Yup, I had it. Computer upgrade solved the issue.

flightwatch Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Mine is doing it currently after kW did last update which now shows kW logo upon start up very annoying lol

flightwatch Thanks this.
  4. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    Interesting because, according to National, the latest KW update is causing major issues with the T680's (city horn randomly going off, lights not working, dome lights randomly turning on, etc.) Mu issues are getting worse. First, it was the fuel economy gauge. Now I am getting a trailer ABS light, blinkers randomly not working, dash switch lights turning off, the little red light that lights up the cup holder turns off...and just tonight, my traction control light came on and stayed on until I restarted the truck. National is telling me that there is absolutely no fix for this until KW comes out with a new software update. They have several trucks that are completely screwed up right now, and KW is dragging their feet.

What I'm shocked about is the fact that KW is continuing to flash this software update knowing that it is screwing trucks up.

magoo68 Thanks this.
  5. Oram

Oram Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2012
    WINDSOR, ON, CANADA
    Ouch. Fortunately I do not have the latest upgrade, I had this problem a while back. Thank you for the advice, I will avoid Kenworth and their latest upgrade. I like this truck, but not happy with KW at all. I am just wondering how they can be #1 in customer service/ how bad can be the other ones.

flightwatch Thanks this.
  6. magoo68

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Thank you I had the interior lights come on a few weeks after update one night I had to tape paper over them .. I want to get back to fix issue but my fuel economy and power are way up and we are switching to winter fuel it should be dropping as long as light issue doesn't come back I'll hold off I'm also using 30% less def fluid too

7. Oram

Oram Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2012
    WINDSOR, ON, CANADA
    The engine and the truck update is separate issues. I had the problem with interior light as well when my truck was newer, but it is gone on its own.

8. magoo68

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    I had a engine update due to a reoccurring emission light that's when they did cab update as well I guess ..

9. Thed302

Thed302 Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2014
    USA
    We don't really have a choice at the dealership. If we need to connect to the CECU we have to do the update. We cannot proceed with the out-of-date software without updating first.

10. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    You use Davie 4?

11. Thed302

Thed302 Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2014
    USA
    We use Davie4 to connect to the Paccar MX-13 and MX-11. To connect to the CECU we use ESA (Electronic Service Analyst). When we connect to the CECU, ESA forces the update or else we cannot proceed.

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.