any thoughts of going OTR again have been squashed

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by rbrtwbstr, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Truck stop managers should take more pride in keeping the parking lots clean.
    Just need one of those new $15.00 hr. minimum wage employees to keep the lots clean.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    and drivers expect free parking

Who thought that town name up ?

How'd you come up with that ? That's just all wrong. .. Gross bub.

4. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I have not once witnessed a truck stop in this predicament. Regular trash I have.. Sad. Though I haven't seen a lot trash for awhile.. on and off ramps get a bit but not as bad as it once was.

Urine tainted black top is present at some

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  5. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    My pet peeve.

I walk in to use the restroom. I've gotta do a sit down, but every stall has urine on the seats.. wtf. What's wrong with you guy's ?.. Use a urinal..

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  6. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I've called them about it. They're supposed.to call back....we'll see

7. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I've complained about this many times... They get scared someone is going to see the tiny Johnson between there legs.

icsheeple and dca Thank this.
  8. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois

I think we as drivers need to do our part as well. Of course some of us do and some of us don't as it is now.

9. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Are you sure? All over the place? Parking lot was filled with them was it? Is there a chance you could be exaggerating?
    I have been going to truck stops for nearly a quarter of a century now, and have yet to visit one where I was dodging "bags of dookie" left and right.

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The scary part is if they can't aim tiny johnson at that big hole in the seat, how do they back a 53' trailer in a parking spot...oh wait, they don't, they're the ones parking on the side of the scale and in any 'no parking' curb spot they can pull thru...never mind :confused:

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  11. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    To dca - Have you ever been to the Vince Lombardi Service Plaza in Ridgefield, NJ ? LOL ! That place used to smell so bad 25 years ago, the flies wouldn't even go near it. ........... Oh, and as for cool New England names, there's a great truck stop off the NYThruway in a place called Coxsackie, NY !! LOL.

Final thought for the thread - Pee bombs and bags o' fertilizer are a sad but true fact of modern trucking. What I can't figure out is what we did 25 - 30 and more, years ago when there was actually very few places to pull in and use the facilities !?!? Did we hold it ? Did we actually stop and hit the tree line ? Or did we just simply take the time to put the stuff in the trash ? I guess 'etiquette' isn't a part of driving school anymore. Sad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.